Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot in Skyteam on April 14, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
They are building a new terminal, and it should be finished during their long Russian winter.

The above link would probably be much better than Sheremetevo 2.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:57 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
They are building a new terminal, and it should be finished during their long Russian winter.
No wonder Aeroflot is closed to SkyTeam entry.

Wait a minute — the thread topic is Aeroflot close to SkyTeam entry.

I must have mis-read the topic title.

Never mind...
Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Aeroflot in Skyteam on April 14

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...03/15/061.html

Aeroflot on April 14 will enter the SkyTeam airline group led by Air France-KLM, Europe's biggest airline, offering travelers better access to growing markets in the former Soviet Union.

Air France-KLM CEO Jean-Cyril Spinetta will fly to Moscow to welcome Aeroflot to SkyTeam, Aeroflot deputy CEO Lev Koshlyakov said Tuesday in a telephone interview from Moscow. The alliance also includes Delta Air Lines, Korean Air Lines and Alitalia.

The first Russian carrier to join a global airline alliance, Aeroflot will gain access to SkyTeam's 684 destinations in 133 countries, offering in return its own 88 destinations, 27 of them in Russia. (Bloomberg)
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Good news. I guess does stress that DL and the other US carriers are now the minor forces in ST.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
At least there is some movement on one of all these airlines that have been named as future ST members... now we're awaiting news on Air Europa, Tarom, Kenya and COPA along with China Southern, MEA and Malaysian.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:48 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
And don't forget Air Tahiti Nui.

Here's a list of Aeroflot's current destinations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_destinations
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by heathriel
And don't forget Air Tahiti Nui.

Definate discussions as a SkyMiles partner and codeshare partner, but do not ever recall mention of them as a ST member.

Royal Air Maroc has also been proposed as a ST associate in the past by their close partner AF, but I have never seen a ST announcement to that effect. RAM codeshares with DL JFK-CMN.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:45 pm

Hey, check out the Aeroflot English website... the translations are often quite amusing. Reminds me of the movie, "The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!" You would think that better English translation, at least with regard to syntax, could be found.

http://www.aeroflot.aero/eng/
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Good news. I guess does stress that DL and the other US carriers are now the minor forces in ST.
Yep, same here for great news for SU are enter SkyTeam. I'm guess does much better than before to get bigger codeshare in Russia. Does SU will join DL, AF, AZ, AM, KE, NW & CO for enter the codeshare for next month after 30 days exist to get clearance from Government approval.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 2:06 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Hey, check out the Aeroflot English website... the translations are often quite amusing. Reminds me of the movie, "The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!" You would think that better English translation, at least with regard to syntax, could be found.

http://www.aeroflot.aero/eng/

"On arrival to the airport, passengers with boarding passes from Savelovskiy railway station are bound to undergo special control at the terminal entrance and are offered services at Aeroflot express desk in the departures lounge"

Old Mar 15, 2006, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"And there was much rejoicing."

<yay.>
Old Mar 15, 2006, 2:25 pm

I wonder if DL will codeshare on flights to Havana?

Marc
Old Mar 15, 2006, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Marq
I wonder if DL will codeshare on flights to Havana?

Marc
One Medallion Drink Coupon says no way.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I guess when next we see a great Aeroflot fare -- maybe even in Mileage Run -- there may be more takers.

Given Aeroflot's pricing, DL should be able to afford to pay for even more award space on Aeroflot.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Huge one for Sky Team, Aeroflot was heavily reruited by *as well and that was also a major part why the negotiations took so long.

Huge chance for DL, especially for connecting passengers, although getting Government approval for some destinations will be tough and especially espensive on the Russian side

However we are talking about destinations where you can really charge a bundle and the pax do not have much of a choice and dish out the $$$ and we are talking cash here, not credit cards where you get the money 50-60 days later and lose a certain percentage...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.