Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot in Skyteam on April 14, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2004, 1:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLfan:
Wow, just when I thought I'd heard them all.</font>
That's just the top layer of the tundra. I just flew into DME today (on BA), and the sheer number of airlines and aircraft is astounding. Utilization rates also appear to be quite low by western standards. It also makes one realize that there are a few competitors to Boeing and Airbus. The only airlines I saw (or know of) at DME that operate Boeing/Airbus aircraft are Transaero, Air Moldova, BA and SwissAir. Lots of Il-86, Yak-42, Yak-40, Tu-134, Tu-154, Il-204 and more.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 7:37 pm

you guys really worry me; I have enough trouble getting an upgrade from ATL to DCA; and now we have AEROFLOT in the mix. Oh well, Mrs. CDF wants to go to St. Petersburg so I guess I better pay attention
Old Mar 25, 2004, 8:20 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Well this might be good news for award availibility to Europe. That is if they will allow connections from the US at SVO to W.Europe.
Old May 18, 2004, 10:22 am

I thought it would be fun to bring this 4 yr old thread back to life with news released today.

Aeroflot to join SkyTeam alliance

I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply. www.delta.com/email

Last edited by UnofficialDLHelper; Aug 13, 2004 at 10:42 pm
Old May 18, 2004, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by UnofficialDLHelper
I thought it would be fun to bring this 4 yr old thread back to life with news released today.

Things have changed fairly substanially over those 4 years. Aeroflot is flying newer western built aircraft on its major international routes, and has an excellent safety record of late. So does KE, for that matter. DL flight ops did a thorough review of KE cockpit practices several years ago, and numerous training and procedural changes were put in place.

As far as I am concerned, the more members in ST, the better. Would still like to see more world class carriers like Emirates etc.
Old May 18, 2004, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by UnofficialDLHelper

I wonder if/when we will see a common livery start to emerge. Red, white/silver and blue seem to be a common theme.
Old May 19, 2004, 12:03 am

Delta recently announced a code sharing arrangement with China Airlines into Taiwan. They also have one of the worst air safety records in the world. Looks like Delta is trying to find all the airlines with the worst safety records and join with them into an alliance!!
Old May 19, 2004, 2:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
A little more official looking...

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL/0...eut/index.html
Old May 19, 2004, 2:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
and the list grows...

http://www.aeroflot.com/about/

"Already a reputable partner of many global air carriers, Aeroflot is preparing to join the Sky Team global alliance, formed by Air France, Delta Airlines, Korean Air and Air Mexico by 2003"
Old May 19, 2004, 8:53 am

I for one will welcome the alliance between DL and SU.Anyone flying from the West Coast will not need to take an entire day to connect in JFK to go to SVO. Does anyone know how long it would be after signing the deal(if the deal gets signed)that we would be able to start taking advantage of SU being a new member to SkyTeam?
Old May 19, 2004, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
I can't believe that the ST partners dropped their demand of a new terminal at SVO. It is one of the worst airports in the modern world. Maybe one day they'll clean up their act their. Pitiful place. As I left there yesterday I was hoping that ST would pull out of SVO and go to DME where BA and others have migrated to. There is no comparison between the 2 airports and the traffic is always horrible on the way to SVO. The MKAD and Leningradski Prospect/Shosse are always packed. Time to get out of SVO ST!!!!!
Old May 24, 2004, 2:15 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Oops, if Aeroflot does join ST everyone will have to stay at SVO. Meanwhile, a third airport in Moscow, Vnukovo (VKO), just got a facelift and looks more or less like DME - but not SVO.
Old May 24, 2004, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by USCGamecock
I can't believe that the ST partners dropped their demand of a new terminal at SVO.
Well with the other quality requirements they are already looking at a 2005 entry for Aeroflot. Maybe they have settled for a plan for a new terminal rather than the actual terminal.
Old May 24, 2004, 9:05 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
I wonder if/when we will see a common livery start to emerge. Red, white/silver and blue seem to be a common theme.
Well, DL already has the Russian flag on its tail...
Old Jun 10, 2004, 5:37 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Talking Have fun, folks!!!

LHR-SVO Trip Report

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.