Search

Skyteam Elite Plus not reflected on system

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AeroMéxico Club Premier Platinum & Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP
Skyteam Elite Plus not reflected on system

Hello everyone,

I want your opinion about this problem I have. I am a Skyteam Elite Plus member (AeroMéxico Club Premier Platinum) sice last November. However, I don't know for what reason, my Elite Plus status is not being reflected on the Skyteam partner airlines reservations system. This is bugging me a little bit since I can't have access to Elite Plus benefits (priority seating for instance). I made a reservation on Air France and they cannot give me priority seating since their reservation system does not refelct my elite status. AeroMéxico says that my status is on their reservation system ant that the other airlines should see my status. This is not true since I tried to do a reservation on CO and tried to assign myself priority seating without success. However, my mother in law (who is a Skyteam Elite member <-> AM CP Gold) could get priority seating on the same itinerary!!!

So can anyone help me or give an idea on how to solve this problem?

Regards from MEX

cmercier
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cmercier
However, my mother in law (who is a Skyteam Elite member <-> AM CP Gold) could get priority seating on the same itinerary!!!

So can anyone help me or give an idea on how to solve this problem?

Regards from MEX

cmercier
This really sounds like an AM problem to me. CO/DL/NW recognize my ST EP status without any problem. If your mother in law could select priority seating and you could not, there is something wrong. Especially considering that you have this issue with more than one airline, there must be something wrong with the AM database. I once had an issue with CO which was easily solved by calling them. If you are really desperate for AF priority seating, I would try to fax a request to your local reservation office with a copy of your card/statement. If I were you I would call AM over and over again and have them fix the problem.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:41 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
If you by any chance got your elite status recently and made your reservations before earning the new status, it may only be that your records aren't updated yet. In that case call the airline you have the reservations with and ask them to update your number. This is just if, because it sounds like you've had the status for a longer while.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AeroMéxico Club Premier Platinum & Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP
The thing is that AeroMéxico does not accept that my status does not appear on other airline's reservation system.
I made a quick test: tried, besides mine, two other platinum numbers belonging to colleagues. Result: none is recognized as Elite by CO (priority seating test)
Tried two gold members: result: recognized as Elite and offered priority seating...

Called Air France and I got the same result: If the system does not pop up the elite status, no priority seating Guess I'll have to get early for my flight.

If anyone has any other idea or can give me a hand, it will be greatly appreciated (a skyteam or AM insider, perhaps )

Cheers,
cmercier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.