Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam announce UX, KQ, CM, RO entry as Associate airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Contacted KQ to ask

This morning I sent an email to the head of Corporate Communications,
Michael Okwiri, and asked him for a definitive answer.

Here's hoping for a reply.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
As a DL silver, your chances of any sort of upgrade seem slim to none to me...at least you will get the 25% bonus.
Yeah, I am really more concerned with getting the miles and potentially better seats as well, even though it says that Copa assigns seats at check-in.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
even though it says that Copa assigns seats at check-in.
Just call and get your seat assigned. I had no problems at all. Actually my Orbitz seat requests were honored and then they were changed via the call center without issue.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by sbm12
Just call and get your seat assigned. I had no problems at all. Actually my Orbitz seat requests were honored and then they were changed via the call center without issue.
Right after you booked them? I bought my tickets via Cheaptickets.com. Can I just call COPA with the Confirmation number and they'll assign the seats? Will they send me some sort of confirmation with it so I have proof?

If this is true, even ANOTHER reason to hurry up and join SkyTeam so we can get the "preferred seats"!!!
Old Aug 23, 2007, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Right after you booked them? I bought my tickets via Cheaptickets.com. Can I just call COPA with the Confirmation number and they'll assign the seats? Will they send me some sort of confirmation with it so I have proof?
Yes, yes and no.

I'm pretty sure that the conf # will be sufficient, but certainly the flight number and date will work. The only issue with conf #s is when the carrier and booking agent use different references for the same itinerary, which is why they may not see it with the confirmation number. The one I had from Travelocity matched that from Copa, but I have one from AmEx that doesn't match an upcoming Delta reservation. YMMV on the confirmation number, but the flight number and date will work just fine. I'm also not sure that they have preferred seating on Copa, so just ask for the seats you want and see what they say. If you want a seat map it is the same as the 73G from CO, and the SeatGuru map for that plane is the same.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, yes and no.

I'm pretty sure that the conf # will be sufficient, but certainly the flight number and date will work. The only issue with conf #s is when the carrier and booking agent use different references for the same itinerary, which is why they may not see it with the confirmation number. The one I had from Travelocity matched that from Copa, but I have one from AmEx that doesn't match an upcoming Delta reservation. YMMV on the confirmation number, but the flight number and date will work just fine. I'm also not sure that they have preferred seating on Copa, so just ask for the seats you want and see what they say. If you want a seat map it is the same as the 73G from CO, and the SeatGuru map for that plane is the same.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:30 am

So, any word on when COPA is joining? I have that trip in December and would love to get SkyMiles for it.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
So, any word on when COPA is joining? I have that trip in December and would love to get SkyMiles for it.
The magic 8 ball says: Wait until September 2 to ask your question again.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:51 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Arrow Waiting

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The magic 8 ball says: Wait until September 2 to ask your question again.

I hop it s not the second of never.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
EUA for NW elite on Copa

Originally Posted by SFO-SJC Flyer
I hop it s not the second of never.
As I said, wait until the second. Oh, it is the second.

Actually, when I flew yesterday on Copa, the agent said that it was their official join date. I didn´t see anything on the planes, or on the inflight magazine or anything (but they still only had the Aug issues on it).

A few days before, I had called to verify that I had seats, and I asked about upgrades. I was told, "If there is space, you´ll be upgraded 1-2 days before". I didn´t quite believe it, since I thought they were thinking I was a CO elite. However, when I went to do their web check-in, both segments showed me in FC/Biz. And when I got on both segments, FC was only half full.

I don´t know if the EUA is only for NW elites (in addition to the current CO elites), or other Skyteam members. My Plat status was printed on the boarding card too. I´ve been griping about the UG disparity for awhile, so it was a very pleasant surprise.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:07 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
The drama continues

According to this article in French, KQ and UX are in as of Sept., 1, and CM will join "in a few weeks". Nothing official yet even though ST did put up a link on their site saying "Air Europa, Copa Airlines and Kenya Airways Officially Join SkyTeam Associate Program." It just doesn't lead anywhere yet.

I wonder what the hiccup was that prevented CM from joining at the very last moment... Will we ever know?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Exclamation SkyTeam Associate Members At Last

Originally Posted by apoivre
According to this article in French, KQ and UX are in as of Sept., 1, and CM will join "in a few weeks". Nothing official yet even though ST did put up a link on their site saying "Air Europa, Copa Airlines and Kenya Airways Officially Join SkyTeam Associate Program." It just doesn't lead anywhere yet.

I wonder what the hiccup was that prevented CM from joining at the very last moment... Will we ever know?

The SkyTeam website definitely lists all three, KQ, UX, and CM, as "SkyTeam Associates". Then on the ST Media and News page, there is an announcement about all three being Associate members. However, the link to the entire story is still broken. I guess we need to wait for the link to be fixed.

Now we are waiting for CZ. Then, hopefully, there will some additional candidates. Maybe after CZ joins, the future ST hopefuls will get some level of membership quicker than the last group. I guess we can hope.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:52 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by SFO-SJC Flyer
However, the link to the entire story is still broken. I guess we need to wait for the link to be fixed.
:-: It is now!!! Copa is in as well :-:
Old Sep 4, 2007, 1:43 pm

Please dont yell at me if this has already been asked...my search skills are a little weak---anyways I am actually in the planning stages of my honeymoon next summer and we want to go to Africa - I am a member of Delta Skymiles and thus far have been looking at Delta, KLM, and AirFrance to get to Cape Town / JNB....being an associate member of Skyteam...can I use Kenya Airways in a Skyteam award though delta? Can any associate member be used in a Skyteam Award? Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewNewOrleans
Please dont yell at me if this has already been asked...my search skills are a little weak---anyways I am actually in the planning stages of my honeymoon next summer and we want to go to Africa - I am a member of Delta Skymiles and thus far have been looking at Delta, KLM, and AirFrance to get to Cape Town / JNB....being an associate member of Skyteam...can I use Kenya Airways in a Skyteam award though delta? Can any associate member be used in a Skyteam Award? Thanks!
I am waiting on an answer here too. Can you earn DL SkyMiles flying these assocaites as well?

Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.