Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Desert city where Venice, Paris and NY are within walking distance
Programs: Delta and Hilton make a lot of $$ off me
Virgin

Hi all,

A while ago I tried booking a 1st Class flight to London using Delta miles. Delta, NW, Continental all had nothing available. After the 3rd or 4th time trying, the agent on the phone asked me if I wanted to try Virgin and got an upper class ticket for 100K miles to London from Las Vegas on the dates I requested. Sweet!

I did not know that Virgin was partnered with Delta, but hey you learn something new every day. I don't know if it is a SkyTeam partner or not, on SkyTeam's website Virgin is not listed.

So anyway, if you are looking to fly to England and hold Delta miles, look into it.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

VS is not in Skyteam. Indeed I am baffled as to why it'd choose to partner with CO and DL, since it's partly owned by Singapore Airlines (well actually I am not so baffled, seems like SQ want to be able to counter Lufthansa's power within *A by having a say in routes involving both sides of Germany).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.