Search

Impromptu joining of a skytem programme

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Impromptu joining of a skytem programme

Hello,

I had some unforeseen business travel lately, 2 intra-us / transatlantic in first on CO/DL.

I'm not currently part of any skyteam program, traveling on StarAlliance mostly.

I'm now wondering, which program to join, to credit those flights to: CO, DL, AF, KL.

Being based in Belgium, I tend to Air France, but I hear negative comments about their Fréquence Plus program.

Basic usage of miles is for upgrading discounted tickets.

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I put this together.

http://anything.slawecki.com/SKYTEAM/

You can look at the mileage comparison chart.

You can check on the AF site, but I think they max out elite bonus at 50% if not in USA. I think CO B/F is treated as B , not F by most airlines.

USA addresses are not allowed to join KL, which is best for mileage pileup in B & F if top elite(see chart)
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KL and AF will be merging their FFPs soon, and we don't know a lot about the outcome of that (we do know its name which is "Flying Blue"). If you also travel within Europe, it's not clever to ignore AZ (1200 base miles for flts that cross borders) and OK (comp elite upgrades).
Also you need to know that CO (especially) and DL don't give full miles for a lot of discounted Y intra-Europe booking classes across the European Skyteam partners.
CO and DL have very popular fora, where people who know the ins and outs of these FFPs will be happy to help you with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.