Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW on Skyteam?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2004, 2:59 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Putting it all together

To make things easier, I've put all the available data together in a spreadsheet. It contains the RTW prices for oneworld, Star Alliance and SkyTeam in many currencies. It's still experimental I would say, but you can download it here. If either rcs85551 or someone else could post the other SkyTeam RTW prices, I'll add them to the spreadsheet.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'd be interested in the lower mileage Skyteam fares ex-USA, and how to get them (does one call ST directly?)? NW is not currently selling all the ST partners in it's RTW fares and I've got at least one leg that makes more sense on KE than anything else...

Steve
Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold · VY apologist
I think it's worth noting that some people looking here should also be looking at a RTW from KL. This is not the ST, but one they put together with thier own (odd) alliance. There are several threads in the KL forum about this, and Cris L here can probably shed some light on its current status and prices ex-CAI. A couple months ago a 25K in J was coming in at around 1900€ and this includes travel on KL, MH, KQ, and EK as well as pretty much all of the usual KL suspects. It's USD$1000/segment to upgrade to F. I'm thinking F on EK and MH are pretty nice, and the truth is that KL, NW, and CO J are not exactly torture for that kind of money. Of course, you only earn KL miles on their partners - not EK, for example.

It has been a nightmare for me to try to book this and so far I no success, though I haven't been pushing too hard.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
There was a discussion in the KL thread about the KLM RTW, where prices where posted.

There was arumour going around that prices in Egypt were going to rise substantially post Sept 15, but per my CRS that doesn't appear to have happened..

When I last checked in fact AF prices were LOWER than KLM ex Egypt
Old Oct 14, 2004, 2:50 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Cris L
There was a discussion in the KL thread about the KLM RTW, where prices where posted.

There was arumour going around that prices in Egypt were going to rise substantially post Sept 15, but per my CRS that doesn't appear to have happened..

When I last checked in fact AF prices were LOWER than KLM ex Egypt
The KLM prices are still the same, for now. What I don't understand is why can't you fly AF on a KL RTW now that they are the same airline ??.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I thought the KL RTW's were the same exact program as NW's. I could be wrong, though, although it sounds about right (I know EK is an NW partner for RTWs).

Off the top of my head, I know the NW prices for C ex-USA are:

6099 for 25,000 miles
6599 for 30,000 miles
7499 for 35,000 miles
8499 for 40,000 miles

The only limitation (aside from miles) are three stopovers.

I need to do do SFO-SIN-SYD-LON-SFO in a few weeks and am looking at options. I should be able to just fit it into the 30,000 mile ticket.

But any creative ideas would be appreciated, especially anything that earned 100% EQM for a WorldPerks flyer.

Steve
Old Oct 16, 2004, 5:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by sllevin
I thought the KL RTW's were the same exact program as NW's. I could be wrong, though, although it sounds about right (I know EK is an NW partner for RTWs).
They are.

Although, IIRC, NW has some odd deal with another airline ( either SU or SV) and they offer a joint RTW. Only available in certain markets !!
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:39 pm

Update available

Please note I've updated the spreadsheet with the latest SkyTeam RTW fares that rcs85551 was kind enough to send me. Exchange rates have also been updated as of today. There have also been numerous updates for the Star Alliance RTW Fares over the past few days.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:59 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Cool

Originally Posted by stimpy
Does anyone know if it would make a significant difference if I bought a RTW ticket starting in France from KLM or AF? Or I could start my trip from Belgium or NL or Switzerland or anywhere else close I guess. I'm FP Rouge if that matters.
stimpy, it should not make much difference depending on how close you are to the max mileage limites for each package (26K, 29K, 35K and 39K). Each package has a fixed price, so by originating your trip from Belgium, NL or Switz, flights from those to Paris will be substracted from max mileage on your desired package which means you will have less available mailes left to go. But we all know mileage from those 3 origin points to Paris is not much. So, like I siad, if your trip total mileage is not that close to the max mileage for each package, then it makes absolutely no difference because you will pay the same. I hope I did not confuse you.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
Please note I've updated the spreadsheet with the latest SkyTeam RTW fares that rcs85551 was kind enough to send me. Exchange rates have also been updated as of today. There have also been numerous updates for the Star Alliance RTW Fares over the past few days.
thanks for the update! Would you by any chance be able to find prices for the shorter itins?
Old Jan 15, 2005, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by graraps
thanks for the update! Would you by any chance be able to find prices for the shorter itins?
My only role is the aggregation of the data in the spreadsheet, for the rest I'm entirely dependent on the information posted here. If anyone has the data, I'd be happy to incorporate in the spreadsheet.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 12:51 am

Another update

Once again a big thank you to rcs85551 who dug up the fares for the 29,000 and 34,000 mile RTWs too! ^ Download here:

RTW Fares.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
ok i'm Excel-naive

how do i access the drop-down menus you refer to?
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by psychtobe
how do i access the drop-down menus you refer to?
Just click on the cell, and the pop-down button (a small triangle) will appear to the right. Click on that and you shall see the menu.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
Just click on the cell, and the pop-down button (a small triangle) will appear to the right. Click on that and you shall see the menu.
not working. i'm on excel 97 (blush), maybe that explains it. if so i can download to another computer and try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.