Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whither Emirates?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2004, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by terenz
Chapter 11 doesn't apply to AC or within Canada. AC isn't a U.S. airline. It did file for CCAA reorganization (previously, the liquidating administrators would just have been called in).
Air Canada and its US subsidiaries DID in fact file for Chapter 11 in addition to CCAA in order to protect the company's assets in the United States.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 9:44 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Originally Posted by FlyerTim
Air Canada and its US subsidiaries DID in fact file for Chapter 11 in addition to CCAA in order to protect the company's assets in the United States.
What does this have to do with Emirates????
Old Oct 8, 2004, 4:34 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
and why it is funny?

Originally Posted by Andrius
As for Aeroflot joining them ST a new member, call me unimaginative, but I do to see how this fail to cause a string of jokes and uncharitable labels. On domestic Aeroflot flights, can premium tier ST members expect to be upgraded from Regular Economy to Upper Economy (the one with actual seating?)
despite all the criticism about Aeroflot and their domestic hardware, would it not be a certain advantage for ST above any other alliances if they will be able to provide SYSTEMATIC access to the territory sized as US plus Canada combined?
Would it not be an advantage if ST members will be able to get miles for flying SU?

Problem is, that in some cases you do not have any other option... well, almost - you can spend 4 days in train but I prefer flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.