C: $5500
F: $7000

34,000 miles
C: $6330
F: $8050

39,000 miles
C: $7430
F: $9450

The rules are very flexible. Minimum 10 day duration after first transoceanic segment. Must cross both Atlantic and Pacific oceans. One stopover per city, but multiple transits are OK (and very necessary in Asia and Europe). There are no "hemispheric" zones. Crossing from N. Hemi to S. Hemi multiple times is permitted. The fare levels are roughly comparable to the old "two hemispheres" RTW fares. There's also a Y fare, which I didn't get.

Old Aug 17, 2000, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
this is also now avail ex India.

Just saw the fares for the J class 29K mile version and its around USD 2900 + taxes.

Will check on the rest and post later.
Old Aug 27, 2000, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Is this RTW available from the UK?

Do DL/SA codeshares qualify?

Grateful for your advice!
Old Aug 30, 2000, 11:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Skytems seems a bit pricey ehhh?
Old Aug 30, 2000, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Roger, DL operates their European call center from London, so they do have a presence outside LGW. Call DL's international reservations number, asd ask for the "Round the World desk". There's no direct phone number to the RTW desk.
Old Aug 31, 2000, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, Eidetic!
Old Aug 31, 2000, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
I thought about this the other day and called DL's RTW desk. Knowing that the SEL departure is cheaper that US departure for OneWorld, I asked what the price was from SEL. The reservationist told me the prices were the same no matter where you left from. I really didn't believe her. Many thanks go to you guys for looking into this further. Very cheap from India.

CMoss
Old Jun 13, 2001, 11:45 pm

Has anyone researched this further in the past few months? Are the fares cheaper ex-India or other international destinations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.