Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to check if partner Skyteam airline recognises my Elite status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Hey Guys,

I'm currently an Elite Plus member of Garuda.

Is there a way to find out if the Skyteam system and/or any other Skyteam airlines recognizes this in their system? Either by making a dummy booking on a specific website? I only got this status recently and have a few other Skyteam flights coming up and only have a virtual card - I have heard check in agents don't like seeing virtual cards and don't honor the status.... I would rather have the Skyteam system recognize this status so it is printed on my boarding pass as SkyPriority.

For example, for Star Alliance, I know if you make a dummy booking on Air New Zealand's website and enter in any Star Alliance airline's Gold member number, it automatically recognizes you as an elite customer and so you can choose better seats for free - so that's how you would know the Star Alliance system recognizes your other airline's status.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flyer94
Hey Guys,

I'm currently an Elite Plus member of Garuda.

Is there a way to find out if the Skyteam system and/or any other Skyteam airlines recognizes this in their system? Either by making a dummy booking on a specific website? I only got this status recently and have a few other Skyteam flights coming up and only have a virtual card - .
Normally it should always be the case everytime , but then it depends on the IT systems of each member

Originally Posted by flyer94
I have heard check in agents don't like seeing virtual cards and don't honor the status...
Its true that some agents are not always aware of the rules , but its a minority , however many reported that lounge employees are not well trained so it lead to lot of useless arguments .. so always bring the physical card with you just in case
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I am currently on a trip...the first leg on my trip was Delta/KE from DC to ICN. I earned my DL GM on that flight.
My next 2 legs were on VN on separate tickets and they recognize me as ELP.
Just now I checked in with KE to go back to ICN- on a leg that was part of my original ticket...and they only recognize as EL, not +! And they say "system not updated". Insane, my leg that qualified me was 10 days ago, but since it is continuation of original ticket it won't update

Update: it took 3 people but they finally got my status updated in the system and printed a boarding pass that had EL Plus & Sky Priority

Last edited by rwm818; Dec 18, 2019 at 9:15 am Reason: New info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.