Search

MXP: Milan Malpensa Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:44 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

MXP: Milan Malpensa Lounges

Hi,

Recently flew for the first time (since AZ dehub from MXP) intra-EU from Malpensa with AF (normally fly out from Linate), but gosh, the state of the lounges used by ST airlines within the Schengen zone is just dreadful. There seems to be 2 lounges used (both operated and owned by ViaMilano airport authorities and are Priority Pass lounges too) - Monteverdi and Forza.
I believe if you are Elite+ you will be asked to use the Monteverdi lounge (which is dark and seems not renovated) and if in J, the Forza lounge - which seems to have been renovated and much more light and refreshing.

Since I was in Y, I was first told to use the Monteverdi lounge - however it was packed and there it was impossible to find a seat. Went back to the lounge desk to ask for a solution. Initially they were discussing in Italian, but I guess since they knew I was Plat with AF, they decided to send me down to the Forza lounge (I suspect if you were Priority Pass or lower in status, you might be out of luck),
Anyway, the Forza lounge was much better in terms of seating availability and spacious (fewer chairs, but again - seems to be reserved for J (although it was also a PP lounge).

I am not sure about the food at the Monteverdi lounge, but at the Forza lounge (suspect it will be the same as Monteverdi) was just quite sad - only bread, some small quiche, and nitbits here and there). Drinks selection was ok. Sadly utensils were either paper or plastic cups and plastic spoons. They did however do very good clean up - there seemed to be someone from the airport (the same one who also does the toilets and areas) come in to clean up the tables/bins - I noticed them coming in every 15 mins to clean.

However from my visit here - the lounges used by ST at an ST (AZ) main player is just bad
- no hot food
- low quality food
- toilets were clean, but still felt rather shabby (even this is for a refurbished lounge)

If I compare this to the LH (*A) lounge or the Casa Alitalia (sadly located at the non-Schengen side) this is really like a back alley lounge.

Anyway, just a heads up to those planning to spend some time at MXP.

Cheers!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks. I still have to see a decent AZ lounge in Italy. VCE is the best I know.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks. I still have to see a decent AZ lounge in Italy. VCE is the best I know.
I have found the Casa Italia lounge in FCO T3 (non-Schengen) decent but this is no ST lounge and access requires flying AZ or an airline that has contracted access.
By contrast, the Schengen area lounges are poor.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Does anyone knows when MXP has the intention to re-open their lounges? I've a few flights the following week, and I find scandalous that an airport like MXP still has all its lounges close.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AZ112
Does anyone knows when MXP has the intention to re-open their lounges? I've a few flights the following week, and I find scandalous that an airport like MXP still has all its lounges close.
Fully agree. All AZ lounges are still closed. Scandalous.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Compare to other lounges from SkyTeam airlines, AZ lounges are not great. Had a long layover and spent it at Piazza di Spagna (FCO) and I was fed up quite quickly... Only thing keeping me there was the pizza. Will need to try the VCE one.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AZ112
Fully agree. All AZ lounges are still closed. Scandalous.
AZ lounges in MXP will not reopen anytime soon, as it seems AZ will not operate any flights there before March 2021.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...il-march-2021/
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
AZ lounges in MXP will not reopen anytime soon, as it seems AZ will not operate any flights there before March 2021.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...il-march-2021/
Hi,
note that I meant SEA lounges, that are not lounge of alitalia, but of SEA, the holding of milan airports (LIN and MXP). Those lounges are very important because most of all airlines have a contract with them (all the skyteam's airlines and oneworld as well).
I've send an email to SEA and they told me that there is no intention to reopen SEA Lounges at the moment, due to low pax traffic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.