Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Delta- Aeromexico codeshare questions

Old Aug 18, 17, 7:58 am
Original Poster

I am flying to Mexico next month. For my flights (operated by DL) I have the option of purchasing at identical price from Delta or Aeroméxico (with AM flight number, operated by Delta).
Questions:
1. Am I understanding the charts correctly by understanding that if I purchase from AM, I will earn my redeemable mileage based on miles flown and if I purchase from DL I will earn based on price, but will earn same MQM's regardless of who issues the ticket?

2. As Delta Gold Medallion, are my status upgrades or any other perks handled any differently by Delta if I am flying with an Aeroméxico flight number? Or is there any other advantage to flying on a DL flight number that I am overlooking?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 18, 17, 11:05 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
As DL Gold:

AM marketed DL operated = last on upgrade list (day of departure like a Silver)
DL marketed DL operated = normal upgrade list
AM marketed AM operated = day of departure, must ask AM at airport
DL marketed AM operated = day of departure, must ask AM at airport

As Gold you are entitled to free upgrades with both airlines

RDMs and MQDs:

AM marketed = by distance
DL marketed = by fare paid
Old Aug 18, 17, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Super Useful. Thank you, Keitherson!
Old Mar 23, 19, 7:19 am

This is the perfect answer to what I came on here to find... Is anyone able to confirm that the below is still accurate?

Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
As DL Gold:

AM marketed DL operated = last on upgrade list (day of departure like a Silver)
DL marketed DL operated = normal upgrade list
AM marketed AM operated = day of departure, must ask AM at airport
DL marketed AM operated = day of departure, must ask AM at airport

As Gold you are entitled to free upgrades with both airlines

RDMs and MQDs:

AM marketed = by distance
DL marketed = by fare paid
Old May 1, 19, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Platinum

Complimentary Upgrades with Aeromexico

Through Delta and Aeromexico's partnership, Medallion Members are eligible for Complimentary Upgrades on Aeromexico-operated* flights. Here is everything you need to know about Complimentary Upgrades on Aeromexico:

Who is eligible for Complimentary Upgrades?
  • All Medallion Members
  • One travel companion who is a SkyMiles Member traveling on the same flight in the same reservation as a Medallion Member
What routes are eligible for Complimentary Upgrades?
  • Medallion Members are eligible for Complimentary Upgrades on all intra-Mexico Aeromexico flights, as well as Aeromexico flights between Mexico and the U.S., Central America, Caribbean, Colombia and Ecuador.
What tickets are eligible for Complimentary Upgrades?
  • All tickets, except Basic Economy tickets, are eligible for Complimentary Upgrades on Aeromexico. This includes Award Tickets
    • Basic Economy tickets on Delta-marketed** flights will show the fare class letter ‘E’ when booking the flight.
    • Basic Economy tickets on Aeromexico-marketed flights will show the fare class letter 'V' when booking the flight.
What class of service can I be upgraded into?
  • Medallion Members can be upgraded to Clase Premier
  • Medallion Members are not eligible for upgrades to Aeromexico Plus
How do I request a Complimentary Upgrade?
  • Medallion Members should add their SkyMiles number to their flight reservation during the booking process. Members should contact Aeromexico if they need to add their SkyMiles number after booking. Once a SkyMiles number is added to the reservation, Medallion Members will automatically be added to the upgrade list
  • Travel companions must also add their SkyMiles number to their flight reservation to be eligible for Complimentary Upgrades
When will Complimentary Upgrades clear?
  • For Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members, Complimentary Upgrades will clear beginning 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure
  • For Gold Medallion Members, Complimentary Upgrades will clear beginning 72 hours (3 days) prior to departure
  • For Silver Medallion Members, Complimentary Upgrades will clear beginning 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
  • If Complimentary Upgrades do not clear in advance, Medallion Members are eligible for an upgrade at the departure gate if they request to be added to the airport standby list during check-in or at the gate