Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with Alitalia

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Lounge access with Alitalia

Quick question: I'm planning to travel AMS to Italy with my parents (both in their 80ies) and given their age and the current mess at AMS I consider KLM Business class, mainly for Sky Priority and Lounge access.
However the quoted fare involves domestic Alitalia segment (FCO - final destination and v.v.) in Economy. Will we also have lounge access etc. on those domestic Alitalia flights?
Currently I do not have status on any Skyteam airline.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:01 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No lounge access per https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/

Lounge Access Policy

First and Business Class

All First and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class. Simply present your First or Business Class boarding passes for the lounge agent to validate for admission.
(bolding mine)
Old May 22, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No lounge access per https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/

(bolding mine)
O K thanks
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Looking all over the internet, and this is the only post that came close to my question, I am beyond shocked at how little information is surrounding this subject.

If I am traveling LHR-CDG-LIS, with LHR-CDG in ECONOMY, and CDG-LIS in BUSINESS, DO I HAVE ACCESS TO A SKYTEAM LOUNGE IN LHR?!
Assume no status.

SkyTeam lounge contradicts itself:

https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/
  • All First and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class.

https://www.skyteam.com/en/about/faq/lounge-access/
  • All international First and Business Class passengers traveling on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to our exclusive lounge facilities. Simply present your same-day First or Business Class ticket for an international SkyTeam airline flight

Note that in the second link, the FAQ, that bolded part regarding ALL SEGMENTS is omitted. The verbiage regarding all segments is also extremely confusing because it is a given that all flights in First or Business will have lounge access, so what the heck is this nonsense on the "connecting to/from".

I am actually really frustrated that no solid answer has come about this question on ANY thread. So if anyone has a definitive answer please answer this.

Thank you.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There’s certainly no need to be frustrated for that IMO
you don’t find a clear answer simply because this is a grey area. I would say that you shouldn’t have access in LHR because the LHR-CDG can be booked in J and because this is your departing airport and not a connection point. But we had reports on this forum being successful in CDG, between a long haul flight in J and a medium-haul in Y, so you can try and you’ll see (no risk). This being said, I am curious to know how you have booked the 2 segments in different classes, unless those are 2 separate tickets.
If you are on separate tickets, for sure it WIL be no in LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.