Search

Mixed Class Lounge Access question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Mixed Class Lounge Access question

Hello,

I will soon be flying HKG-TPE-LAX on CI.
HKG-TPE will be in business class, and TPE-LAX will be in premium economy.

I'm a little confused with the wording on the SkyTeam page.

"All First and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class. "

Will I get lounge access in both HKG and in TPE?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Hello,

I will soon be flying HKG-TPE-LAX on CI.
HKG-TPE will be in business class, and TPE-LAX will be in premium economy.

I'm a little confused with the wording on the SkyTeam page.

"All First and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class. "

Will I get lounge access in both HKG and in TPE?
You should. From HKG you will be "traveling on", and in TPE you will be "connecting from" a qualifying flight.

CI has two lounges in TPE; by all accounts the one in T1 is nicer. (Since reading the advice on FT, I have only ever been to the one in T1 so can't really compare )
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
I was permitted in HKG but not TPE. Lounge dragon said both sectors needed to be in J for entrance admittance. I had a short connection, so didn't argue...
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
You should. From HKG you will be "traveling on", and in TPE you will be "connecting from" a qualifying flight.

CI has two lounges in TPE; by all accounts the one in T1 is nicer. (Since reading the advice on FT, I have only ever been to the one in T1 so can't really compare )
The website says: "All First and Business Class ... flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class. ". As the second segment is booked in PE I don't think lounge accesss will be granted.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I was permitted in HKG but not TPE. Lounge dragon said both sectors needed to be in J for entrance admittance. I had a short connection, so didn't argue...
Originally Posted by KL714
The website says: "All First and Business Class ... flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class. ". As the second segment is booked in PE I don't think lounge accesss will be granted.
Oops, apparently I didn't read the very text I was quoting
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
[...]

duplicate posting - content deleted

ralfkrippner,
forum moderator

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Jan 29, 2018 at 4:27 am
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Do you really think you need to post twice in the same forum, one thread after another ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.