Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Skyteam Hong Kong lounge opening in September!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:07 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

From the dynasty flyer news.

2015/9/22 proprietary lounge in Hong Kong will be changed to the SkyTeam branded lounge

The year 2015/9/15

Since 2015/9/22, proprietary lounge in Hong Kong will be changed to the SkyTeam branded lounge, Member of the China Airlines lounge applicable statement of qualifications:

It is confusing cause it sounds like they are just changing the name. But seriously there is no way they can fit all the passengers into the old lounge so it must be the new skyteam lounge opening.

http://www.china-airlines.com/hk/new...7f5fa76f5.html

1. business class passengers and SkyTeam lounges can be used.

2. Diamond card and green card (same as SkyTeam Elite Plus) member aboard the Hong Kong CI/AE/SKYTEAM flights, SkyTeam lounges can be used.

3. the company card (business card) member aboard the Hong Kong CI/AE flights, SkyTeam lounges can be used.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't there already an AF lounge at HKG?

In the past, I think DL sent business class passengers at HKG to the QF lounge, which is excellent. It sounds to me like the SkyTeam lounge will be a downgrade.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:06 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

The AF lounge closed early-mid 2014. Sadly I liked that lounge. And now AF passengers are sent to the Qantas lounge.

Well I have no idea how the lounge will be. It should of course follow the lines of the previous lounges but will be staffed by CI. I am not sure how much say the airline will get for adding things like food and breverage.

For CI members. Its an upgrade for gold members as the much larger lounge will have better facilities which means more options to dine on. And more likely western.

For those able to use the small first lounge it will be a slight downgrade. Still happy and sad for me.

I am not sure how many passengers the QF lounge can hold but the skyteam lounge will need to seat atleast 200-300 people.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:22 am

I confirm this is a new lounge as the ordinary CI lounge is located at gate 1, while this is at gate 15.

With the closing of CI's lounge, I wonder will KE follow since their customers can also take advantage from the new skyteam lounge.

And hopefully, this lounge will add the shower facilities, making it become the only Skyteam lounge in Hong Kong with shower rooms since the closures of the former AF Salon and old CNAC Lounge (which was used by MU/CZ/MF).
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:37 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I am 99 percent sure there will be showers, I recieved a promotion from China airlines with small pictures of what the lounge will look like. I will try to post them tonight, unfortunately they are small picture.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by tris06
I am 99 percent sure there will be showers, I recieved a promotion from China airlines with small pictures of what the lounge will look like. I will try to post them tonight, unfortunately they are small picture.
Does it look like other SkyTeam lounges, or does it look NextGen?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Sorry for the pictures being small. You can see I received it on my mobile from HK office.For some reason I cannot open this same email with pictures showing on my computer.

In reply to your question it seems this is the next gen skyteam lounge design. I think I remember reading somewhere that the Sydney lounge would be the last of the original version.
I am not sure what to make of the room in the first picture at the bottom. Seems like a weird rest room. It surely cant be a prayer room.

Last edited by tris06; Sep 18, 2015 at 9:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.