Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

First flight on ST livery plane

Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, KL/AF, card carrying stick-in-mud

I just had my first flight on a plane with SkyTeam livery "this morning" (technically yesterday morning as of now, based on where I departed). It was in a seemingly unlikey route too. It was a KLM flight on an E190 from Leeds/Bradford to Amsterdam.

I know there are plenty of SkyTeam planes out there, but this was the first I have experienced myself.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
It is said 3% of a memberairline's fleet has to be in Skyteam c/s.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Interestingly, a quick check of my records shows that ~8% of my SkyTeam flights over the past 2.5 years have been on aircraft with the SkyTeam livery (including AF A320, RO 737, ME A320, KQ E190 and KQ 737 - but somewhat surprisingly, not one from KLM). However, there is quite a lot of variation across the different years. I haven't yet done a comparison by route, but I suspect some routes are more likely to get the SkyTeam branded aircraft than others (simply because aircraft types are generally assigned to certain routes, but not every aircraft type in each airline's fleet is available in SkyTeam colours).
Old Jun 30, 2014, 7:11 am

I have flown the KLM 77W in Skyteam livery from DXB in 2010.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why did you consider that particular route "unlikely"?

Because it was Leeds/Bradford? (Why?) Because it was a KLM Cityhopper route? Some other reason?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew my first one back in May, a DL 738 from ATL-RDU. It at least made that very routine flight for me a little more interesting than usual ^
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by madchemiker
It was in a seemingly unlikey route too.
This factsheet - http://static.skyteam.com/cdn-1cf23d...Feb%202014.pdf - lists out the specific planes which are done up in that livery for all members except for Garuda. Given they are on a range of aircraft from ATRs to 747s, airline scheduling can mean they end up on any route where those aircraft could be scheduled.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
This factsheet - http://static.skyteam.com/cdn-1cf23d...Feb%202014.pdf - lists out the specific planes which are done up in that livery for all members except for Garuda. Given they are on a range of aircraft from ATRs to 747s, airline scheduling can mean they end up on any route where those aircraft could be scheduled.
Thank you. This list is not up-to-date as, for AR, the A340 which became unfortunately very famous at BCN these last days is not mentioned.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:05 am

Garuda also has an A330 painted. Video
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:17 am

This factsheet - http://static.skyteam.com/cdn-1cf23d...Feb%202014.pdf - lists out the specific planes which are done up in that livery for all members
Thanks for the link - hadn't seen that before.

except for Garuda.
And also Middle East Airlines (A320 (T7-MRD))
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:26 pm

This factsheet - http://static.skyteam.com/cdn-1cf23d...Feb%202014.pdf - lists out the specific planes which are done up in that livery for all members except for Garuda.
Also just spotted that the list doesn't include F-GTAE, an Air France A321, which also appears to be in SkyTeam colours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.