Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Alaska Miles on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Question Earning Alaska Miles on Air France

Good Day All,

We will be leaving on our flights in about 1 week. I called Air France a while back and added our Alaska numbers into the reservations. However, when I look at our booking online - it does not show any FF numbers at all. Is this normal for the AF system?

Also, we paid Z fare and will be entirely on AF planes. LAX - CDG - TXL and then DUS - CDG - LAX. How many Alaska miles would we approximately earn for this?

Thank you and have a great day.
J
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
See http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ir-france.aspx and check the flight numbers listed there.

On a Z fare you will be earning a 25% bonus mileage.

The great circle mapper gives 6200 miles for the flight to TXL. On the way back the distance flown is 5914 miles. I do not know whether Alaska has a 500 mile minimum (which would apply on the DUS-CDG segment). So you should be getting around 15000 miles.

If you do not get the miles within about a month, request mileage credit following the steps listed on the above www page. This means that you should keep a copy of your boarding passes(!) and receipt.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cygnus
See http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ir-france.aspx and check the flight numbers listed there.

On a Z fare you will be earning a 25% bonus mileage.

The great circle mapper gives 6200 miles for the flight to TXL. On the way back the distance flown is 5914 miles. I do not know whether Alaska has a 500 mile minimum (which would apply on the DUS-CDG segment). So you should be getting around 15000 miles.

If you do not get the miles within about a month, request mileage credit following the steps listed on the above www page. This means that you should keep a copy of your boarding passes(!) and receipt.
Vielen Dank, Cygnus! I was just nervous because the FF numbers are not showing in our reservation on the AF website. But I have had to request post-travel credit with Alaska in the past, in they seem pretty easy to work with. Thank you for your kind response. Have a great day. J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.