Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

CDG Arrivals Lounge for Sky Team Elite Plus

CDG Arrivals Lounge for Sky Team Elite Plus

Reply

Old Dec 17, 18, 11:43 pm
  #31  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,780
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
How do you get from 2C to 2E?
you walk. It takes 10-15 min.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 18, 5:57 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 5,908
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I used it in May. It's not glorious luxury but with a morning arrival it was nice to take a shower and briefly recharge before heading into town.

I found it pretty much as MSPe described in one of the other threads you referenced:
Is it comparable to the Virgin Atlantic arrivals lounge?

I'm guessing it isn't used by that many passengers since, unlike the Virgin Atlantic lounge, Delta doesn't really promote it as an option for eligible passengers. I fly into Paris–CDG two or three times a year and have never been given an invitation to the arrivals lounge, unlike London where even sitting in economy-class as a diamond a flight attendant will give me the card with the information on the lounge and how to get there.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 18, 5:47 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 5,908
I used the Air France arrivals lounge the other day, when arriving into Paris–CDG from Detroit in business-class on Delta.

Unlike London–Heathrow, Delta does not promote it. If you didn't know about it nobody would tell you. It took about 10 minutes to walk there from baggage claim. The lounge is basically hidden away behind check-in desks with almost no signage.

Inside, it's pitiful. The breakfast buffet was nearly empty and never restocked during the 40 minutes I was there. No alcohol or cooked-to-order breakfast. They do have unlimited coffee and unlimited Coke or Coke Zero, among other non-alcoholic beverages. I used the shower, which was great. I think having a shower is the only reason you would make the trek here from 2-E.








Last edited by hockeyinsider; Dec 28, 18 at 5:59 am
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 19, 3:53 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, UK
Programs: flying blue
Posts: 3
Just to let you know, I tested the access to Arrival Lounge on thursday:

- FB Gold
- Mini ticket
- Flying from LHR
- Transit to Reims (TGV - Air Train)

Acces granted with pleasure.
tris06 likes this.
thierryd92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 11:47 am
  #35  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Posts: 1,632
Even if this lounge is not that fancy I would not care too much as firstly most of the time I am tired after the flight (usually arrival in the morning from long haul) and wont want to drink alcohol and also usually have been well fed and have not been active. A yogurt, few pieces of cheeses/ham/eggs or even just some milk/cereals is plenty for me (equivalent for afternoon or evening). Drink wise milk/coffee/tea/soft drinks or a juice is plenty. The thing I want the most is a shower in a reasonably comfortable environment if I am too early to check in to the hotel or need to wait for someone after my flight.

Amsterdam options for arrival however is favourable out of the 2.
tris06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 12:27 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 5,908
Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
Even if this lounge is not that fancy I would not care too much as firstly most of the time I am tired after the flight (usually arrival in the morning from long haul) and wont want to drink alcohol and also usually have been well fed and have not been active. A yogurt, few pieces of cheeses/ham/eggs or even just some milk/cereals is plenty for me (equivalent for afternoon or evening). Drink wise milk/coffee/tea/soft drinks or a juice is plenty. The thing I want the most is a shower in a reasonably comfortable environment if I am too early to check in to the hotel or need to wait for someone after my flight.

Amsterdam options for arrival however is favourable out of the 2.
When I was there the breakfast was basically cleaned out with no sign of any replenishment. It was absolutely dreary sitting in the windowless lounge that was devoid of any atmosphere.

The only good parts were the shower and complimentary trouser pressing.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Mar 15, 19 at 12:39 pm Reason: typo
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 12:39 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,118
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
It was absolutely dreary sitting in the windowless lounge that was devoid of any atmosphere.

The only good part was the shower and trouser pressing.
​​​​​While I agree on the description, it seems to me that an arrivals lounge serves a different function than an airside lounge, and in most cases if you spend any significant amount of time in it you're doing something wrong anyway
MSPeconomist, Goldorak and tris06 like this.
Zorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 12:47 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 5,908
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
​​​​​While I agree on the description, it seems to me that an arrivals lounge serves a different function than an airside lounge, and in most cases if you spend any significant amount of time in it you're doing something wrong anyway
Not necessarily.

With flights to London or Paris there are always the ungodly early flights, which make it very difficult to get a hotel room unless you've booked for the preceding night. If I arrive around 8 o'clock and clear customs and immigration, I can typically be in an arrivals lounge, if I'm very unlucky, by 9 o'clock. I'll then spend 90 minutes or 2 hours there -- shower, change clothes, eat breakfast, read the newspaper, do emails, etc. If I leave the airport at 10:30 or 11, I can be at my hotel by 11:30 or so. It's a little easier to get a room then.
MSPeconomist likes this.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 12:52 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,118
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Not necessarily.

With flights to London or Paris there are always the ungodly early flights, which make it very difficult to get a hotel room unless you've booked for the preceding night. If I arrive around 8 o'clock and clear customs and immigration, I can typically be in an arrivals lounge, if I'm very unlucky, by 9 o'clock. I'll then spend 90 minutes or 2 hours there -- shower, change clothes, eat breakfast, read the newspaper, do emails, etc. If I leave the airport at 10:30 or 11, I can be at my hotel by 11:30 or so. It's a little easier to get a room then.
The hotel likely has a lobby area, business center, or lounge with nicer ambience where you can do those same things.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Zorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 1:10 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 5,908
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
The hotel likely has a lobby area, business center, or lounge with nicer ambience where you can do those same things.
I prefer to be refreshed and not smelly before I get to the hotel. Plus, I want to get my money's worth by utilizing every service the airline or its partners offer.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 3:01 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,118
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
I prefer to be refreshed and not smelly before I get to the hotel.
Since I apparently need to spell this out step by step, I'm suggesting that it's possible to take a shower at the arrivals lounge, optionally grab a quick bite, *then* head to the hotel if the hotel provides facilities with better ambience than the arrivals lounge

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Plus, I want to get my money's worth by utilizing every service the airline or its partners offer.
If that's more important to you than enjoying your surroundings, I certainly won't stop you...
Goldorak and tris06 like this.
Zorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 19, 11:32 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AUS
Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Posts: 3,829
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Plus, I want to get my money's worth by utilizing every service the airline or its partners offer.
This clarifies a lot regarding your posting history on FT...

Regards
scubadu is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread