Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad a Future ST Member?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by T.A.Music
r u sure about this?
Does this question refer to my post? If yes, what does the "this" in your question refer to?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:37 am

well, i mean about everything you said, cuz i didn't get the hint here. (yes, that refers to your post.)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:55 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Well, yes, I am sure about what I said. Otherwise I would not have written it, would I?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I doubt we will see EY in ST.

SV and MEA just joined the alliance and these two carriers are going to create a lot of conflict with EY if it set to join ST.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
SV and MEA just joined the alliance and these two carriers are going to create a lot of conflict with EY if it set to join ST.
There are lots of reasons why EY will not join SkyTeam - but that is not one.

EY already codeshares with MEA, by the way.

And if BA can successfully convince its oneworld partners to finally drop their objection to having a Big-Three player in the alliance, I don't think it would be a deal breaker for SkyTeam entry (for Star Alliance, sure, but for SkyTeam, no way - particularly if AF was the sponsor).
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I doubt we will see EY in ST.

I think by conflict you mean overlap of routes. Airlines join an alliance even when there is substantial overlap between it and existing member of the alliance. The incoming airline aligns its schedule with existing service to eliminate excessive capacity or increase frequency. There is less overlap with airlines of a country with substantial domestic network. EY doesn't have any. But EY does serve routes not served by any member of the alliance.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:28 am
UMD

And 2 days ago, EY just signed a codeshare partnership with GA (another future SkyTeam member) that covered up to 80 destinations and opened up a lot of Europea, Middle East, and Africa destinations for GA. There are also 3 destinations in North America, namely Toronto, New York, and Chicago.

This deal is definitely the biggest codeshare deal that GA has ever signed with any airlines in the world. GA will also shift its current CGK - DXB - AMS to AUH starting Dec. 2 because of this deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.