Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

New Future Skyteam Member - Air Lituanica

Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Platinum, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K

This is more for airline junkies. There is an effort to establish a national carrier for Lithuania called Air Lituanica and part of the proposed business model is a Sky Team alliance through Air France

http://www.slideshare.net/VilniausSa...ca-pristatymas

Enjoy
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:01 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
And yet another global player probably joins the mighty SkyTeam.

It sounds harsher than I actually mean it but I would expect the ST to have at least some strategic plan. What we currently have is the following family:
  • Mom (AF) and Dad (DL) fighting
  • the weird uncles Mom wouldn't talk about (MEA and Saudia)
  • the one kid that made it (KE)
  • the "individualist" Aeroflot that is never present at family meetings
  • the one who's always broke and had a short flirt with an enemy family (Alitalia)
  • the embarrassed kids (CI and the other mainland Chinese airlines)
  • a bunch of distant relatives that have no real ties to 'em family
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Platinum, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K
Originally Posted by c_d

It sounds harsher than I actually mean it but I would expect the ST to have at least some strategic plan. What we currently have is the following family:
  • the one who's always broke and had a short flirt with an enemy family (Alitalia)
a bunch of distant relatives that have no real ties to 'em family

Like OK (Czech Airlines)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Well, I'll be surprised. Guess they will eventually to join the Skyteam sometime in between 2013 or 2014 but, if they have an approval.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:18 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by cullen24

Like OK (Czech Airlines)
Or the AF partner Copa that offensively inquired why in the Lords name I am flying with AF/DL instead of COUA (I had my *G tag on my bag). Or Air Europa that is not even bookable as a connection online ... Or CI that did not bother for SkyPriority but had around 25 "Dynasty" signs around the boarding gate with the SP tucked away in a storage closet and STE+ members being in the last boarding zone. Or AF that printed "WorldPerks" on one of my BP's in 2012 instead of SkyPriority ...
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did we forget that KLM is supposed to be part of the family too? I guess it's the relative that's fighting with us because another relative feels slighted.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Talk about the "participation" prize vs Oneworld (supposedly) getting Qatar.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by c_d

Mom's happy to talk about the weird uncles and even co-locates with one of them at RUH. It's Dad who's ashamed of the weird uncles.

Let's not forget the fiancee who keeps putting off the wedding (GA).
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by cullen24

Like OK (Czech Airlines)
which explains why flying OK from VNO to PRG on CZ I ended up with a hand printed boarding pass. Truly hand printed, plain white card stock on which the agent wrote out everything in the correct location. No logos, no rubber stamps, no stickers -- nothing to make it look official. But it worked, security at VNO called the agent who confirmed that it was official.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
How about instead of adding small no bodies, the few big players just get along and let us book J awards on each other's planes.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus: Premier Silver
While there aren't many players left to pick up, I can't help but think that there are other, higher priority places and carriers that skyteam could be focusing on.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
The family metaphor is really funny. :-)

We should not forget though that *A is a large patch-work family with so many members of different characters that they don't have much in common and barely know each other, and OW is a family with members who have a thing for extra-marital affairs or prefer to hang out with their buddies rather than with the family and are just quite good at keeping up appreances.

I guess in general one should not expect too much from alliances. They are primarily loose arrangements based on marketing interests and not marriages born out of love.

Regarding a Lithuanian airline in ST, I think this is a great idea. It is good for ST to have an airline in this corner of Europe.

Last edited by cityflyer369; Oct 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by c_d

The last time I checked, the CI in SkyTeam was based in Taiwan and thus is not another mainland Chinese airline.

BTW, the name of the new proposed partner reminds me of Lusitania.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
The more in each alliance the better I say, I'm keeping my foot in all of them.

Originally Posted by c_d
LOL – you could do something like this for each alliance. I don't know enough about Star, but OW would be the family who thinks they are better than everyone else where:
  • Dad (BA) ended up marrying a feisty neighbour (IB) after his other neighbours ended up marrying everyone else closeby, one marriage of which was a consequence of Dad putting too stringent terms in the pre-nup (LX)
  • Mom (AA) who just can't sort out her finances and now one of the ugly members of another family (US) is thinking of marrying her
  • The uncle (CX) who reluctantly comes to family gatherings but won't let anyone move in close to them and is playing behind the scenes with a member of another family (CA)
  • The kid (QF) who wasn't getting enough out of the relationship with Dad and never got along with Uncle, who is having all sorts of kids called Jetstar out of wedlock and is now playing around outside the family with a racy and orphaned newcomer (EK) who is a direct competitor to an expected new family addition (QR)
  • The quirky aunt (LA) who recently got married but isn't sure whether to introduce the spouse (TAM) to the family
  • The “oh yeah that's right, they're part of that family, how nice” kids (AY, RJ, S7, soon to be joined by UL)
  • The new arrivals who thought about leaving not long after they turned up and already started having Jetstar kids out of wedlock (JL), immediately started turning their attention elsewhere (AB), actually left (EI) or just died because of a lack of nutrition (MA, MX)
  • The kid being adopted (MH) after trying for 10 years to be adopted by another family and who still isn't quite sure it's making the right decision
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by mot29
which explains why flying OK from VNO to PRG on CZ I ended up with a hand printed boarding pass.
I had a half-WRITTEN (as in handwriting) BP from AR four years ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.