Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easiest path to SkyTeam Elite+

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
The Aerolineas Platinum requirements are now on the English language website:

To reach this category you require to meet with some of the following requirement within a twelve month period:
- 50.000 air miles or
- 60 air segments or
- 30.000 basic air miles and 30 air segments.

http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/arg/mai...20&idIdioma=en

Given that they apply the 500 mile minimum to DL flights, if you flew 30 1,000 mile trips in a 12 month period, that seems to be one of the quickest ways to get STE+ if I'm reading that right?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais

I see you're PEK based. Lost of MU/CZ flights are non-qualifying on most/all programs. Often it helps to buy a discounted CZ PEcon fare which is qualifying and has a few nice perks. My flight this morning was in PE, and was only 80RMB more than a non-qualifying fare in the back.
"Lots" means two fare buckets on FM/MU (W, X) and two on CZ (R, N), which are arguably very cheap, highly restricted fares - and fares somebody on business trips wouldn't use anyway.

FlyingBlue works out great for me, China based, c. 100 flights per year. MU/CZ would give lounge access for plats on domestic flights, however miles expire in their programs. Noteworthy, within the CZ/MU/FM programs, a first class flight counts as two qualifying segments and many lower fares don't count at all. That's an important detail in the original overview.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
"Lots" means two fare buckets on FM/MU (W, X) and two on CZ (R, N), which are arguably very cheap, highly restricted fares - and fares somebody on business trips wouldn't use anyway.

FlyingBlue works out great for me, China based, c. 100 flights per year. MU/CZ would give lounge access for plats on domestic flights, however miles expire in their programs. Noteworthy, within the CZ/MU/FM programs, a first class flight counts as two qualifying segments and many lower fares don't count at all. That's an important detail in the original overview.
Do you have links to the first class count and I can update the overview, I guess that would make those programs the easiest STE+ qualification for those flying in First.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Do you have links to the first class count and I can update the overview, I guess that would make those programs the easiest STE+ qualification for those flying in First.
Whilst the 2 or 1.5 qualifying segments opportunity sounds tempting, there is an abundance of eco fares that do not earn a qualifying segment at all. So this is really just for those with a lot of flights in first (or business) - cheap leisure flights may not count at all.

For CZ SkyPearl Club
On CZ/OQ: http://skypearl.csair.com/en/air1_en.html
On ST: http://skypearl.csair.com/en/air2_en.html

For MU EasternMiles
On MU/FM/KN: http://www.easternmiles.com/uk/miles/mu_flight.jsp
On ST: http://www.easternmiles.com/uk/miles/sta_flight.jsp

SkyPearl is the 'easier' program to get status and miles (kilometeres) with. Still, despite I am a vivid first class flyer in China, I stick to FlyingBlue.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Sep 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:23 pm

Question

Hi guys! My company is sending be abroad from time to time now, thus I'm looking for a good ST frequent flyer programme. I'm just going to copy the form from the similar *A thread:

(1) What is your home airport? DUS and FRA
(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? Economy for now
(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? ~35k
(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? none with ST
(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? Priority services, lounge access
(6) Which routes do you fly most often? Within Europe, Asia and between the two
(7) Preferred Airlines? ST: MU, KL, CI
(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? Work, but I can book myself

I still have two MU return flights Frankfurt-Shanghai from the past four months which I'd like to be credited retroactively. From my initial research I believe Flying Blue might be the best choice?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
We also need to know how many flight segments you make per year and if your Economy tickets are cheap, medium-price or fully flexible. Long gone are the days in which thus questionnaire contained all relevant information.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:38 pm

Sorry, of course.
Around 5 round-trips EU-China and maybe the same number within Europe. Usually medium-priced since I have to book rather short-term.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
If your 10 roundtrips give you 30 segments, Flying Blue would be an option because you would have Gold status and hence lounge access.
It looks like you would probably not fly enough miles to get status elsewhere via the amount of miles you fly.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:46 am

Thank you very much, I'm going to sign up for FlyingBlue now.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:58 pm

Is Garuda now the best option to quickly get to Elite+? Looks like only 30,000 miles, although their qualifying period seems a little strange.

https://garudamiles.com/TopHome/abou...miles-regular/
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by backpacker24
Is Garuda now the best option to quickly get to Elite+? Looks like only 30,000 miles, although their qualifying period seems a little strange.

https://garudamiles.com/TopHome/abou...miles-regular/
Wait, nevermind, seems you need 65,000 miles
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by backpacker24
Wait, nevermind, seems you need 65,000 miles
You are right. I know it looks quite misleading since in most programs, Gold would equate to STE+, but that is not the case for Garuda.

https://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTe...kyTeam-Status/

Garuda Gold (30k miles) is only STE whereas Garuda Platinum (65k) is STE+.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by trigleek
You are right. I know it looks quite misleading since in most programs, Gold would equate to STE+, but that is not the case for Garuda.

https://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTe...kyTeam-Status/

Garuda Gold (30k miles) is only STE whereas Garuda Platinum (65k) is STE+.

China Airlines Gold, which also requred 30K miles is also only ST Elite

So Garuda is not alone right?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: VN (PLA/Elite+)
... the same for Vietnam Airlines: Titanium (15.000 miles or 20 flights) and Gold (30.000 miles or 30 flights) is STE, Platinum (50.000 miles or 50 flights) is STE+.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by nam_sg
... the same for Vietnam Airlines: Titanium (15.000 miles or 20 flights) and Gold (30.000 miles or 30 flights) is STE, Platinum (50.000 miles or 50 flights) is STE+.
Also Aeromexico requires 50,000 miles for Platinum, which is STE.

How is Vietnam airlines's FFP anyway? I suppose I'm deciding between them and Aeromexico now. Although for some reason Aeromexico is telling me that I only have until 7/31/2014 to reach the next level, but I just sign up 3 days ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.