Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with multiple cards

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Question Lounge access with multiple cards

Googled this but have not found answer - so posting question here.

Assuming I hold ST+ in 2 different FFP and I am departing internationally, can I bring 1 guest with 1 card and another guest with different card (they all will be flying on same flight) to the lounge?
Old May 8, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I doubt that this will work as a real entitlement; it's a matter of discretion. But if you ask nicely, they might well allow it. You could, after all, first enter the lounge with one guest on the basis of one card and leave the lounge to re-enter it with the other guest on the basis of the other card.
I think it all depends on your behaviour towards the lounge staff.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Actually I would like to know formally, because from the rules you can read on the websites, it should be possible exactly in a way you say, enter once with one guest using 1 card and then re-enter with another guest using different card. We'll see
Old May 9, 2011, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Since you can only have one FF program tied to your boarding pass at a time, wouldn't that come into play? It seems that since a same-day SkyTeam flight is required for lounge access, they'd only allow one guest based on your status in the program you're crediting the miles to/reflecting the status from for that flight.
Old May 9, 2011, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Since you can only have one FF program tied to your boarding pass at a time, wouldn't that come into play? It seems that since a same-day SkyTeam flight is required for lounge access, they'd only allow one guest based on your status in the program you're crediting the miles to/reflecting the status from for that flight.
Actually you can enter without FFP being mentioned on the BP. I can get those people in using combination of ST+ and Diners card in PRG, but elsewhere it won't work, so I am trying to see what would be the formal rule. I am not even sure if anyone from ST thougt of this :-) I emailed lounge staff but they answer was rather generic with one guest total allowed regardles if you have 1 or 5 elite cards with ST, which in my opinion is not entirely clear, because I believe that depending on particular card used to enter the lounge respective airline is billed for this.
Old May 9, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Actually I would like to know formally, because from the rules you can read on the websites, it should be possible exactly in a way you say, enter once with one guest using 1 card and then re-enter with another guest using different card. We'll see
I think you might have missed my point and just read what you wanted to hear.
Old May 20, 2011, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Googled this but have not found answer - so posting question here.

Assuming I hold ST+ in 2 different FFP and I am departing internationally, can I bring 1 guest with 1 card and another guest with different card (they all will be flying on same flight) to the lounge?
I thought you were going to ask if you could occupy multiple seats. Yes you can have two cookies.
If you are allowed a guest, you can. If not, you cannot use the other card to bring a guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.