Wiki Posts
Search

Lost flight thanks to CDG/AF

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN
Lost flight thanks to CDG/AF

Well, a connection time of 35 minutes it's a bit tight, but possible in another airport different from CDG.

The fact is that I've arrived from BCN, no finger, so bus at the end of the terminal. In addition I've got a change from 2F to 2D. Why on earth must I go out or airport, enter again, and pass another security control, just to connect intraeuropean?
When I arrived at the security queue, I've said to the agent that I come from a connection and I have no time, asking if she could help me to jump in security. Denied. She said that I've got enough time.
So I get out of the f***** scanners and showing 10 times in 20 meters my BP, and run to the gate. The gate was still open, and both, the gate agent and the boarding agent didn't look to me, and I was shouting them. One went to the plane across the finger, and the other closed the door, still ignoring me. Once the door was closed he said: "Too late. Go to the service desk".
So I've lost 8 hours till the next connection to Stuttgart.
Both, AF and CDG, has done nothing to help or do things a bit better, and in service desk the agent said that thas was my fault (¿!?).
While I was at Service desk, arrived a lot of people who were in my same situation, with the exception that I've arrived with the door still open.

The funny thing, is that when boarding my rebooked flight we took a bus, and whe where headed to another terminal in a very long trip, to finally going up a ladder of a finger, to enter the aircraft.

Is that the way of working at AF and CDG? I come from LH/LX, and I find it a total shame.

Last edited by datagrama; Apr 27, 2011 at 5:32 pm
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Did you have one booking or 2 separate ones ? And if a single booking, to whom did you book your flights ? Because AFAIK, 35 min is not a legal connection for CDG.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Because AFAIK, 35 min is not a legal connection for CDG.
IIRC, MCT within CDG2 is 45mn.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Did you have one booking or 2 separate ones ? And if a single booking, to whom did you book your flights ? Because AFAIK, 35 min is not a legal connection for CDG.
Was one booking, made by the travel service of my company with the connection offered by AF, only one booking code.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very strange indeed. I did a quick search on AF web site for a random date in may from CDG to Stuttgart and the shortest proposed connection via CDG is 50 min.
35 min is impossible at CDG, except if it is a same terminal-connection (but even those are normally not sold).
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Yes, really strange all together.

But I'll avoid CDG, I've read a lot of stories here about CDG and short connections.

I'll made a complaint to AF, maybe they give me 500 miles or nothing...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
That is strange indeed, but the one who booked the ticket is to blame, I would say.
50 minutes sounds a bit more feasible.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by datagrama
But I'll avoid CDG, I've read a lot of stories here about CDG and short connections.
Just book with a normal connection time and everything will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.