FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Lost flight thanks to CDG/AF (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/1209870-lost-flight-thanks-cdg-af.html)

datagrama Apr 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Lost flight thanks to CDG/AF

Well, a connection time of 35 minutes it's a bit tight, but possible in another airport different from CDG.

The fact is that I've arrived from BCN, no finger, so bus at the end of the terminal. In addition I've got a change from 2F to 2D. Why on earth must I go out or airport, enter again, and pass another security control, just to connect intraeuropean?
When I arrived at the security queue, I've said to the agent that I come from a connection and I have no time, asking if she could help me to jump in security. Denied. She said that I've got enough time.
So I get out of the f***** scanners and showing 10 times in 20 meters my BP, and run to the gate. The gate was still open, and both, the gate agent and the boarding agent didn't look to me, and I was shouting them. One went to the plane across the finger, and the other closed the door, still ignoring me. Once the door was closed he said: "Too late. Go to the service desk".
So I've lost 8 hours till the next connection to Stuttgart.
Both, AF and CDG, has done nothing to help or do things a bit better, and in service desk the agent said that thas was my fault (¿!?).
While I was at Service desk, arrived a lot of people who were in my same situation, with the exception that I've arrived with the door still open.

The funny thing, is that when boarding my rebooked flight we took a bus, and whe where headed to another terminal in a very long trip, to finally going up a ladder of a finger, to enter the aircraft.

Is that the way of working at AF and CDG? I come from LH/LX, and I find it a total shame.

Goldorak Apr 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Did you have one booking or 2 separate ones ? And if a single booking, to whom did you book your flights ? Because AFAIK, 35 min is not a legal connection for CDG.

JOUY31 Apr 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 16291516)
Because AFAIK, 35 min is not a legal connection for CDG.

IIRC, MCT within CDG2 is 45mn.

datagrama Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 16291516)
Did you have one booking or 2 separate ones ? And if a single booking, to whom did you book your flights ? Because AFAIK, 35 min is not a legal connection for CDG.

Was one booking, made by the travel service of my company with the connection offered by AF, only one booking code.

Goldorak Apr 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Very strange indeed. I did a quick search on AF web site for a random date in may from CDG to Stuttgart and the shortest proposed connection via CDG is 50 min.
35 min is impossible at CDG, except if it is a same terminal-connection (but even those are normally not sold).

datagrama Apr 28, 2011 2:47 am

Yes, really strange all together.

But I'll avoid CDG, I've read a lot of stories here about CDG and short connections.

I'll made a complaint to AF, maybe they give me 500 miles or nothing...:D

31dany Apr 28, 2011 9:16 am

That is strange indeed, but the one who booked the ticket is to blame, I would say.
50 minutes sounds a bit more feasible.

Goldorak Apr 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by datagrama (Post 16293961)
But I'll avoid CDG, I've read a lot of stories here about CDG and short connections.

Just book with a normal connection time and everything will be fine.