Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky team award flights online?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Sky team award flights online?

I have miles on Delta and was wondering if there is any way to find award flights on partner airlines without calling in? Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Depends on the partner. There are a number available here:
  • Aeroflot (Business & Economy Class)
  • Air China (Business & Economy Class)
  • China Southern Airlines (First, Business & Economy Class)
  • Czech Airlines (Business & Economy Class)
  • Japan Airlnes (First Class)
  • Shanghai Airlines (First, Business & Economy Class)
  • Tarom (Business & Economy Class)
  • Vietnam Airlnes (Business & Economy Class)

http://www.wandr.me/Reward_Search/Default.aspx
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Air France, KLM, Hawaiian, and Alaska are bookable online at delta.com, but the flexible date search works for Delta-operated flights only. These partners can be searched date by date. www.expertflyer offers a subscription service for award inventory on several SkyMiles partner carriers.

A FlyingBlue account (www.airfrance.us) is a free and useful way to search for AF and KL award itineraries. Look for Classic Economy or Classic Business (not Flex, First, or premium economy).
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: AM Elite
I still don't get it...

I just can't understand why skyteam hides all the reward inventory, even between carriers.. I can remember NW site showing whole ST inventory years ago.. after Delta got it all that info disappeared.. why?.. other airlines or alliances make it much more easier.. I am so surprised every time an AM agents tells me they can’t see DL award inventory.. - what!!! – same for KL and some other carriers.. believe it or not they need to send a blind request, hoping there is availability, of course you need not only luck but also to be the luckiest passenger in the planet so blind request and availability matches.. do you think this make sense even between “partners”.. again, i can´t understand why years ago you as a passenger could see but they now in 2011 can’t..

Last edited by amexboy; Apr 15, 2011 at 4:09 am
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by amexboy
I just can't understand why skyteam hides all the reward inventory, even between carriers.. I can remember NW site showing whole ST inventory years ago.. after Delta got it all that info disappeared.. why?.. other airlines or alliances make it much more easier.. I am so surprised every time an AM agents tells me they can’t see DL award inventory.. - what!!! – same for KL and some other carriers.. believe it or not they need to send a blind request, hoping there is availability, of course you need not only luck but also to be the luckiest passenger in the planet so blind request and availability matches.. do you think this make sense even between “partners”.. again, i can´t understand why years ago you as a passenger could see but they now in 2011 can’t..
If you go over to the Sky Miles board, you will find a plethora of threads asking the same questions (with no response from Delta).

Cheers
Old Jun 6, 2011, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by amexboy
I just can't understand why skyteam hides all the reward inventory, even between carriers.. ....
. again, i can´t understand why years ago you as a passenger could see but they now in 2011 can’t..
They can. THey ust don't want to. If you redeem more easily then you won't pay the increased mileage rates on home metal. It is a simple way for them to reduce the value of the points and increase the redemption costs.

FWIW, as an addition to the list I shared above of searchable carriers/classes I've now added an alert feature to the site. You can enter the flight/city/date details and it will check regularly (several times daily) and send an email if the seats are available. Details here: http://www.wandr.me/Flight_Inventory_Alert.aspx/.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.