Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

elite plus on skyteam flight not allowed into KLM lounge (Wien / Vienna)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

elite plus on skyteam flight not allowed into KLM lounge (Wien / Vienna)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
That is the key difference ... your operating carrier has a contract with a lounge. Would you be flying on a different Skyteam airline, that contract would not apply.
Again not true in my experience. Many times AF or KL issued me a lounge invite to a contracted lounge on the base of my E+ card with AZ.

Not a published benefit but definitely worth a try
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by raistlin
Again not true in my experience. Many times AF or KL issued me a lounge invite to a contracted lounge on the base of my E+ card with AZ.

Not a published benefit but definitely worth a try
Not true? The Skyteam rules still provide for no lounge access to a non-Skyteam lounge unless YOU have Elite Plus status with the OPERATING carrier and that carrier has a contract with the lounge. You were just lucky if you got an invite (unless you were flying in business or first).
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by DCBob
Not true? The Skyteam rules still provide for no lounge access to a non-Skyteam lounge unless YOU have Elite Plus status with the OPERATING carrier and that carrier has a contract with the lounge. You were just lucky if you got an invite (unless you were flying in business or first).
I was lucky a number of times, then. As I said: not a published benefit, but definitely worth trying to ask.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by DCBob
Reference for this? DL's site pretty clearly says that if you're GM/PM/DM and flying a ST-operated international flight you have access to the full list of lounges they show, and the list includes a number of contract lounges. I wouldn't be surprised if DL is wrong on this, but it would be nice to see an official statement. (For instance, when flying AZ from TLV, would my DL card have worked at the DAN lounge? I used my PP card since I didn't have my GM card yet, but from what DL has posted, I should have been able to get in based on DL status.)
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Reference for this? DL's site pretty clearly says that if you're GM/PM/DM and flying a ST-operated international flight you have access to the full list of lounges they show, and the list includes a number of contract lounges. I wouldn't be surprised if DL is wrong on this, but it would be nice to see an official statement. (For instance, when flying AZ from TLV, would my DL card have worked at the DAN lounge? I used my PP card since I didn't have my GM card yet, but from what DL has posted, I should have been able to get in based on DL status.)
DCBob is referring to flights marketed by Skyteam, but not operated by Skyteam, which very much matches your quote from the DL website.

AZ being a Skyteam member, and operating your flight, you would normally have lounge access. However, as per the statement on contract lounges, you could be excluded at a location where the Skyteam carrier does not have their own lounge. (For example, back when CO was part of Skyteam, they would not provide lounge access to Skyteam Elite+ in GVA as they were using a contract lounge)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold, HH Diamond
So as ST E+ from DL, is there a lounge to use at VIE?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tony
So as ST E+ from DL, is there a lounge to use at VIE?
Have you tried to check using the drop down menu on delta.dumb? Have you looked at the SkyTeam lounge list on their website, IIRC as a link to a pdf?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.