Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Using Delta Miles going east to DEL and DPS

Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:01 am
Original Poster

I'm familiar with routing through Europe on DL miles via KL or AF. Now 2 of us are going east out of YVR or SEA to DEL on Sep 26 or 27 and returning from DPS (Denpasar in Bali) between Oct 18-21. I'm looking for tips on booking China Air, China Eastern, China Southern, Korean Air, Vietnam Airlines. I'm gold with 319K points and would like to fly Biz.

Are their carriers to avoid? Do we follow the same protocol in first trying to identify flights with a third party tool like KVS or ExpertFlyer? Is one better than the other for those carriers. Then do we call DL desk over and over until someone will book the connections we found?

I appreciate any insights.
Paul
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before thinking about using DL miles for award tickets on KE, be sure to check the blackout dates which cover five or six months of the year.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Korean and other blackout dates.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ae-2013-a.html

KE is the only carrier named by the OP on which award bookings can be made online, so, yes, this will likely require booking by phone with Delta reservations.

Current carriers that are able to be shopped and booked on delta.com are Delta, Delta Connection®, Aeromexico, Air France, Alaska Airlines, Alitalia, Hawaiian Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, and Virgin Australia.

There are significant differences in Business products across carriers and fleet types, but with such a narrow date range it's likely award availability, not flyer preference, will determine carrier(s).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.