Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Timeframe for an Indian carrier to join ST?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timeframe for an Indian carrier to join ST?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by raistlin
Thanks for the useless lesson. Of course, direct or non-stop, in the context of my messages, changes absolutely nothing of the meaning (try swapping the two terms, and you will realize there's absolutely no difference to my meaning).
Actually, it does make a difference in this context, as SkyTeam does have a direct flight from the US to India. DL56 operates EWR-AMS-BOM, and thus is a direct flight from the US to India with a stop in AMS.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Did someone say "context"? What happened to the context when question about origin of nonstop was repeatedly being asked despite my exp0licit mention of the origin too.
I suppose the confusion or ignorance of the difference between nonstop and direct flights lost the context.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Did someone say "context"? What happened to the context when question about origin of nonstop was repeatedly being asked despite my exp0licit mention of the origin too.
I suppose the confusion or ignorance of the difference between nonstop and direct flights lost the context.
Are you done? Or should this harassment continue for long?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by raistlin
Are you done? Or should this harassment continue for long?
Oh please! Harassment? If anything, I was the one being harassed, repeatedly being asked a question whose answer had been given explicitly and could be deduced from context. I pointed out that there is difference between "direct" and "non-stop" flights as it appeared from your posts that you did not know the difference.

I always appreciate it when someone tells me something I did not know. To each his own.

Last edited by Yaatri; Oct 20, 2011 at 8:06 pm
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Exclamation

Hey guys, please give us (and you) a break. OK ?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:52 pm
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
-- Moderator hat on

Folks, please keep to our rules here: no comments on other members - regardless of who started an argument. Please just discuss about topics of travel, miles and points.

I'd also like you to please edit your posts containing remarks on other members. Otherwise I would have to do that.

And please keep our little forum here a friendly corner of flyertalk.

ralfkrippner,
skyteam moderator
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SeeTheWorld1984
Again probably nothing... but if you read further down the article, it talks about Jet Airways wanting to launch services to Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Shanghai. All are Skyteam hubs with the exception of Frankfurt. Maybe there are hopes Jet Airways will join Skyteam!!!

http://m.economictimes.com/PDAET/art...31,curpg-2.cms
I think that's mistaking baby's gas for a smile.
There are 4 major entry points to Europe. London, Paris, Amsterdam and Frankfurt. Wanting to fly to these destinations is a business decision, not necessarily an indication of current or future alliance preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.