Reload this Page >

AF Premium Voyager Review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Premium Voyager Review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:35 pm

After flying Premium Voyageur last year to Brazil, there was no doubt we were doing to do it again at the end of this year long-haul. We both absolutely LOVED it -- especially given that it is only about £250 more than the economy ticket on our route!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Southwest, BA, Quantas
Window vs. Aisle?

I have a booking from LAX to France coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm in the Premium Voyageur class. I'm currently in an aisle seat on one of the two seat sides, but which is better? Window or aisle? Coming back I'm stuck in the middle of one of the four seat rows, so hopefully I'll be able to change that. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by shazammy
I have a booking from LAX to France coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm in the Premium Voyageur class. I'm currently in an aisle seat on one of the two seat sides, but which is better? Window or aisle? Coming back I'm stuck in the middle of one of the four seat rows, so hopefully I'll be able to change that. Any thoughts?
I also wonder what opinions there are about the bulkhead seats in Premium Voyageur..?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by janders
I also wonder what opinions there are about the bulkhead seats in Premium Voyageur..?
Excellent, it's the only way to go if you ask me.

We recently flew SEA-CDG on the A343. We had the bulkheads, and had tons more room than other people in the PV cabin.
I believe at least some of the bulkheads are blocked for day-of-travel booking. We made sure we got there early and got those seats, and were glad we did it.

My wife flew on the A343 and had a non-bulkhead PV seat, and confirmed that the bulkhead seats were much more comfortable - especially for a windox pax who wants to get out with mininal disturbance of their seatmate.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass
Good news. I'll go for that, then!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Good news. I'll go for that, then!
I've only flown PV once and then in bulkhead. To me it looked like the normal seats had more legroom as it continued below the chair in front.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by Gnopps
I've only flown PV once and then in bulkhead. To me it looked like the normal seats had more legroom as it continued below the chair in front.
I am sceptical of bulkhead seats in general. For the very same reason.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Gold, Asiana *Gold
Bulkhead has the advantage of easily getting up and more room in front of you. However, if you are not so tall a seat in front of you has the advantage you can rest your feet a bit higher up. For me a big advantage for a night flight!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta, American
Compare premium voyager to DL economy comfort

Can anyone make comparisons between AF's Premium Voyager seats and Delta's Economy Comfort seats? I am aware of the more obvious things like DL EC does not have a separate cabin, and has E lavatories in the middle of the section. I am thinking more in terms of the ability to sleep on an 8 hour night flight, and sit comfortably on an 8 hour day flight. Is there more recline on DL? Are the seats themselves more padded in DL? I don't remember ever reading so many people complaining about sore butts as on this PV thread.

In my situation I am now less than 3 weeks from departure and the flights I need are expensive. Once I pay for DL EC, it is only a few hundred more for PV on AF. I am trying to figure out which is better.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:02 am

Programs: DL FO
It is totally two different concepts.
DL Y+ is a regular Y seat with better pitch and recline. It is not a separate cabin, you get, of course, Y service. DL also offers liquors to PAX in Y+ in addition to non alcoholic beverages, beers and wines offered in Y.

AF PV is a different travel class between Y and J. You have a wider seat that recline a lot better. The seat is in a shell that the seat in front of you does not recline onto your space. It is a separated area from Y, so the cabin is quieter.

About the miles, as a DL SM member, you will earn 100% MQM (except if you are on a Y, B, M ticket) if you travel with DL.
With AF PV, you earn 125% redeemable miles and 150% MQM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:44 pm

nice service

good: P
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: AMEX PLAT
I will be flying PV on AF's A380 in a couple of months. I have the option to sit in bulkseat but I am a bit wary as sometimes the window bulkseat legroom is invaded by the bulge from the aircraft door. I am 6 ft 2 so it is quite important to me. Has anyone flown on this specific aircraft's PV and seen the bulkhead seats?

Also, bulkhead seats have the tray table and video screen in the armrests, which tends to reduce seat width. Does that apply to PV on the A380?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: USAirways Silver, Marriott Silver
Is it possible to price PV for just one segment of an itinerary?

I'm looking at a trip to Amsterdam and Copenhagen next summer from IAD and will most likely take KLM outbound and AF inbound. As a result, I'm interested in PV on the A380 on the CDG-IAD leg. However, on the AF website it only appears that you can select one class for the entire itinerary.

Is there a way around this?

Thank you.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 2M, AA EP, Marriott AE
Originally Posted by ncg1983
I'm looking at a trip to Amsterdam and Copenhagen next summer from IAD and will most likely take KLM outbound and AF inbound. As a result, I'm interested in PV on the A380 on the CDG-IAD leg. However, on the AF website it only appears that you can select one class for the entire itinerary.

Thank you.
I think the PV related cost should only hit on segments where it is available, all other should stay coach when booked through AF. Not sure what happens with the KL segment. Are they trying to upsell you coach full fare?

DL website had an issue when booking PV last year, it would book all US segments in First when no PV was available.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ncg1983

Thank you.
Just call AF or KL and you will save a lot of time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.