Buh Bye Continental Airlines from SkyTeam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buh Bye Continental Airlines from SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I still don't understand WHY they HAD to leave because of the merger.
Two reasons: (a) way too much competition between DL and CO in the NY Metro market including TATL service (CO had been running ads taking shots at DL for a while), and (b) DL/NW is so dominant within SkyTeam-US, that CO really didn't have a choice. It will be a strong TATL united states flagged carrier partner for UA, and will pick up access to UA's strong pacific routes. Plus, both UA and US are relatively weak in NY, so it was a big win for them.

As a NY-area person, it was nice knowing you always had a fallback to take a non-stop pretty much anywhere from EWR.

As to lounge access, Amex Platinum still gets you to DL/NW/AA and CO.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:00 pm

Every flight I've taken on Continental (especially the BF award + NW-elite upgraded segments) were first class... pardon the pun. *A really scored a coup getting them into the alliance. UA's service really pales in comparison.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mersk862
Sitting in the IAH Terminal E President's Club right now - doing a quick MSP-IAH-PHX-IAH-MSP mileage run today with a bump voucher I got from CO 3 weeks ago - figured I'd use it and get Delta miles rather than UA miles.
Uh-oh. Your flight is overbooked? So you should considers to take on NW nonstop from PHX-MSP is easy for you. You don't have need to flying one-stop through IAH. You should have to take the advantage of NW/DL is flies out PHX-MSP.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by ADLFO
We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.
But the hills that we climbed
were just seasons out of time.
Goodbye, Papa, please pray for me,
I was the black sheep of the family.
You tried to teach me right from wrong.
Too much wine and too much song,
wonder how I'll get along.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, (ST/*A)
But in the long run,
There's still time to change the road you're on.

Last edited by xzh445; Oct 25, 2009 at 10:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.