Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Sixt Platinum

Hi folks,

I am relatively new to the game so just wanted to get a confirmation from FTers about how many rentals you need per year to get a Platinum status with SIXT, I have heard 15, but there is nothing on the website about it and on Russian and Czech websites, it says 20.

Thank you!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Originally Posted by sindjic
Hi folks,

I am relatively new to the game so just wanted to get a confirmation from FTers about how many rentals you need per year to get a Platinum status with SIXT, I have heard 15, but there is nothing on the website about it and on Russian and Czech websites, it says 20.

Thank you!
First of all, welcome to FT!

As far as I know it's 20 rentals per year. But there are some more opportunities to get a Sixt Platinum Card, for instance by M&M-Status (SEN).

Greez, Jonathan
Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
First of all, welcome to FT!

As far as I know it's 20 rentals per year. But there are some more opportunities to get a Sixt Platinum Card, for instance by M&M-Status (SEN).

Greez, Jonathan
Thanks! I thought so, but just wanted to check!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:19 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, PriorityClub Gold, Marriott, UA Mileage Plus, LH Miles & More, Sixt Platinum
From Googlecache:

Sixt Cards – Sixt Platinum Card.

The card for frequent drivers (greater than 20 rentals / year) or frequent flyers (Top level e.g. Miles&More: Senator)

Advantages of the Sixt Platinum Card
The Sixt Platinum Card

* Upgrade to the next higher car group (subject to availability).
* Fast Lane for privileges and fast service at all airports.
* 35% discount on all discountable rates or the Sixt corporate rate.
* 20% discount on Holiday Cars* when booked direct.
* 20% discount on Sixt limousine service in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, 10 % discount in other foreign countries
* Mobility guaranteed: Forgot your reservation?
No problem: You will always get a rental car from Sixt if you call us up to 5 hours before your rental start time.

Frequent drivers – rent more than 5 vehicles per calendar year and receive your personal Sixt Gold Card.

Get all the advantages of the Sixt Cards. After placing 20 rentals within the calendar year, you will automatically receive your Sixt Platinum Card at the beginning of the following year.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HAMSpotter
From Googlecache:

Sixt Cards – Sixt Platinum Card.

The card for frequent drivers (greater than 20 rentals / year) or frequent flyers (Top level e.g. Miles&More: Senator)

Advantages of the Sixt Platinum Card
The Sixt Platinum Card

* Upgrade to the next higher car group (subject to availability).
* Fast Lane for privileges and fast service at all airports.
* 35% discount on all discountable rates or the Sixt corporate rate.
* 20% discount on Holiday Cars* when booked direct.
* 20% discount on Sixt limousine service in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, 10 % discount in other foreign countries
* Mobility guaranteed: Forgot your reservation?
No problem: You will always get a rental car from Sixt if you call us up to 5 hours before your rental start time.

Frequent drivers – rent more than 5 vehicles per calendar year and receive your personal Sixt Gold Card.

Get all the advantages of the Sixt Cards. After placing 20 rentals within the calendar year, you will automatically receive your Sixt Platinum Card at the beginning of the following year.
Perfect. Thank you HAMSpotter! Just another short question...do you know where I can use Sixt card in the USA. Do they have any partnerships?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by sindjic
Perfect. Thank you HAMSpotter! Just another short question...do you know where I can use Sixt card in the USA. Do they have any partnerships?
no, they used to be partner of budget. but the platinum sixt card wont be accepted by anyone in USA as far as I know. however, through the holiday car section they will rent a car through their travel agency. but that partner won't upgrade you because of the sixt platin
Old Nov 1, 2008, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
no, they used to be partner of budget. but the platinum sixt card wont be accepted by anyone in USA as far as I know. however, through the holiday car section they will rent a car through their travel agency. but that partner won't upgrade you because of the sixt platin
Aaaaa, maybe I am going a bit overboard with this, but anyone thinks there might be a chance to get a status match with any other rental company...
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:30 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Does Sixt Platinum still exist?

I've got a Sixt Plat card through M&M Senator status valid until 2011. I just checked the sixt website and they don't seem to offer the card anymore. All google links to the card end up on the main sixt page.

Do they still offer this or do they still honour the cards and expecially the upgrades?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
platinum still exists, but it's worth nothing if you ask me.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sydfly
I've got a Sixt Plat card through M&M Senator status valid until 2011. I just checked the sixt website and they don't seem to offer the card anymore. All google links to the card end up on the main sixt page.

Do they still offer this or do they still honour the cards and expecially the upgrades?

Just rented a week ago and got the benefits, incl a decent upgrade exactly to the size & engine I wanted to. ^
Old Dec 6, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
I have a plat card. The main benefit is really the upgrade. Lot of times, I really got amazing cars I would have nevered afforded.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
i am going to try the mobility guaranteed benefit on tuesday in Paris, as I have not been able to find a rental available anywhere, and had to extend my stay for a couple days. I will report back on it, but right now I am seeing this as a great benefit.

synd
Old Dec 20, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
With Plat i pay for the cheapest car and usually get a Premium car in return. So for example, i order a Ford Focus and get a Merc C Class or similar.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA*G, *wood Gold, Hyatt Pl, IC plat.RA.
Originally Posted by jonnye
With Plat i pay for the cheapest car and usually get a Premium car in return. So for example, i order a Ford Focus and get a Merc C Class or similar.
The best rental upgrade I've ever had was with sixt and platinum, rented a compact and received a BMW 745i, It was astounding upgrade and what a car. I have to say seats that actively hug you in corners and the night vision thing (not that useful I feel). However the program is excellent but it's hit and miss, I've often received no upgrade. and I don't rent the cheapest cars either, normally mid range. In europe sixt normally have better cars than other car rental agencies
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by jcbranch
The best rental upgrade I've ever had was with sixt and platinum, rented a compact and received a BMW 745i, It was astounding upgrade and what a car.
Congrats !
Donīt count on that kind of upgrade every time ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.