Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Discount Code 40% +++

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: VIRTUOSO Travel agent, Amex cent, FB Lifetime Plat.
Sixt Discount Code 40% +++

When you do your booking by phone or web
Mention account/reduction code SX797398 with 597783 as agency code

40% off
unlimited milage
road tax and registration fee
airport tax
cdw
pai
tpi

This is the code my travel agent uses
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:05 am

Thanks for posting ... I'll try this code.
BTW, finding the best rate with Sixt is a little tricky. My Platinum "code" does often result in a higher rate. I had good results on the German websites searching Sixt's "Holiday Rates".
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by stef9152
When you do your booking by phone or web
Where do you enter these codes when booking online?
Old Apr 18, 2008, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Where do you enter these codes when booking online?
797398 is for agencies and includes insurance
797399 is for agencies and excludes insurance

but this is for amadeus system.
dont think it will be possible to use this for online booking. (and i dont think they will be helpful on the telephone with that)
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless I have missed a very recent, very major development, you can't enter a discount code on any Sixt website.
The reason is simple: contrary to most other providers, Sixt web rates are not calculated on the basis of a full-price rate minus a web discount. Web rates work totally separately from the office/telephone rates, which are the ones you can save money on with your discount code(s) and/or shiny card(s).
No matter what sort of discount you are entitled to, always always check the web rates before agreeing to a rental.

Last edited by graraps; Apr 18, 2008 at 2:44 pm
Old Apr 19, 2008, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: VIRTUOSO Travel agent, Amex cent, FB Lifetime Plat.
I do it by phone and it works.
"Do you have an SX code?" they ask
I mention SX797398
then right afterward or at the end of the reservation they ask "agency/account number?"
I mention 597783

never had a question about it....

Enjoy!

I however never give my platinum card at the beginning nor at the end of the phone call because the rate i get with it is always higher.
However when I get to the location spot i give it so that the paper filling goes faster as well as the upgrade!!!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by stef9152
I do it by phone and it works.
"Do you have an SX code?" they ask
I mention SX797398
then right afterward or at the end of the reservation they ask "agency/account number?"
I mention 597783

never had a question about it....

Enjoy!

I however never give my platinum card at the beginning nor at the end of the phone call because the rate i get with it is always higher.
However when I get to the location spot i give it so that the paper filling goes faster as well as the upgrade!!!
I checked SX797398 sixt on Google. It looks like this is for travel agents only .... and I am NOT going to use this "trick".
Regarding "Platinum" you are correct. I always show the card at pick-up and get a nice car. I have also used "Sixt Quick Check In" +49-180 500 2202 to avoid standing in line at the Sixt counter.... not sure if Sixt still has this service, have not used it recently.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by USAFAN
I checked SX797398 sixt on Google. It looks like this is for travel agents only .... and I am NOT going to use this "trick".
Regarding "Platinum" you are correct. I always show the card at pick-up and get a nice car. I have also used "Sixt Quick Check In" +49-180 500 2202 to avoid standing in line at the Sixt counter.... not sure if Sixt still has this service, have not used it recently.
I actually called them and told them that I was currently using online reservation, but was thinking of switching to booking through a travel agent if that was cheaper. I gave the agent the travel agent code without CDP (SX797399) to try on a random weekend. It turned out almost twice as expensive as my current plat rate (EUR 199 for an LDAR, if I remeber correctly, as opposed to EUR 116 with plat discount). I didn't bother asking how much the rate with CDP was...

Anyway, the agent mentioned that the travel agency rates were generally quite high and were only used if no other discount (such as decent corporate rates etc.) was available.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sorry to resurrect a very old thread, but just curious if there was a replacement code for this one, to be used by actual travel agents to receive this level of discount? I don't see anything online except a token 5% off retail rates for other travel professionals working for airlines, hotels, etc/=.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.