FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt Discount Code 40% +++
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:47 am
Zaphod

Originally Posted by USAFAN
I checked SX797398 sixt on Google. It looks like this is for travel agents only .... and I am NOT going to use this "trick".
Regarding "Platinum" you are correct. I always show the card at pick-up and get a nice car. I have also used "Sixt Quick Check In" +49-180 500 2202 to avoid standing in line at the Sixt counter.... not sure if Sixt still has this service, have not used it recently.
I actually called them and told them that I was currently using online reservation, but was thinking of switching to booking through a travel agent if that was cheaper. I gave the agent the travel agent code without CDP (SX797399) to try on a random weekend. It turned out almost twice as expensive as my current plat rate (EUR 199 for an LDAR, if I remeber correctly, as opposed to EUR 116 with plat discount). I didn't bother asking how much the rate with CDP was...

Anyway, the agent mentioned that the travel agency rates were generally quite high and were only used if no other discount (such as decent corporate rates etc.) was available.