Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt Guaranteed Model - How exactly does it work?

Old Dec 2, 2023, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

First time renting at Sixt with a Guaranteed Model. At first I thought it would be as easy as "You book that guaranteed model, you get that guaranteed model"

So ... I wanted to rent a car in Miami/Intercon. Hotel and saw this on Sixt website

After placing the order the E-mail also showed "Guaranteed Model" (In German)

Checking the booking again from account, it became an "or similar | Sedan (XCAR)"

I sent a E-mail to Sixt regard to this and got the following reply:
In regards to selecting a specific vehicle please refer to the following procedures:

The only way to guarantee a vehicle model is by using the SIXT smart phone application.
To select a specific make and model from the application the location you are renting from must be an airport location.

Also, you would only be able to select the vehicle 30 minutes prior to the pickup of the rental.
In order to get to the vehicle selection 30 minutes prior you must open the Customer Center tab within the application and fill in all of the information required.
Once you see the details of your reservations go past the additional services page to the vehicle selection page which will list all available vehicles.
On this page is where you would may select a specific vehicle prior to pickup.
Which completely changed my understanding of "Guaranteed Model". Is it a common practice? Or did I miss the point of Guaranteed Model?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by francong
First time renting at Sixt with a Guaranteed Model. At first I thought it would be as easy as "You book that guaranteed model, you get that guaranteed model"

So ... I wanted to rent a car in Miami/Intercon. Hotel and saw this on Sixt website

After placing the order the E-mail also showed "Guaranteed Model" (In German)

Checking the booking again from account, it became an "or similar | Sedan (XCAR)"

I sent a E-mail to Sixt regard to this and got the following reply:

Which completely changed my understanding of "Guaranteed Model". Is it a common practice? Or did I miss the point of Guaranteed Model?
Generally speaking car rental companies do not guarantee models, but rather car classes. You're lucky when they even do that. As to Sixt, it is weird as they appear to offer a guarantee of a specific model. It does appear they allow you to get the model, if you do a variety of things 30 minutes prior AND if they still have that model sitting on their lot 30 minutes prior. Which is a big if from my experience. What ever happened with your rental. Did you get the car you wanted?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.