Wiki Posts
Search

Car with French Crit'Air sticker?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Car with French Crit'Air sticker?

I have a car booked in Germany with sixt. Turns out I'll spend a big chunk of our time in France and apparently the Cri'Air thingy is now mandatory. How standard is it across the Sixt fleet if at all?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: too many
Critair only mandatory in some cities, not nationwide, so it will depend on where you plan to drive
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/mot...french-cities/

I'm not sure about delays and how long you'll keep the car, but a critair sticker costs about 4 € so might be worth applying for it as soon as you get the car if indeed you are traveling into one of the "Critair cities"?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ng1265
I'm not sure about delays and how long you'll keep the car, but a critair sticker costs about 4 € so might be worth applying for it as soon as you get the car if indeed you are traveling into one of the "Critair cities"?
Thanks. Only problems I see with applying are (1) I need to know vewhicle data and (2) they send to the address on the vehicle registration...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: too many
oops, didn't spot that.
Well, I guess that the only solution would be to contact the station in advance and see if they can get it for you.
Alternatively you can try to exchange the vehicle in one agency in France or do a split rental?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.