Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt Supplemental and Comprehensive Insurance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond | IHG Platinum

Thinking about booking a car in the US from Sixt, read somewhere to use the UK/EU's site because it includes comprehensive insurance and supplemental liability. After checking both versions of SIXT's site, the European site includes Supp and Comp for the same price as the US site w/o any of those options. I am a US citizen but was just wondering if I booked from the euro site, would they still honor the comp & supp included in the price. Does anybody have any input on this?

The only other similar situation I could think of, was people buying Norwegian Airline tickets on the Norwegian website because its cheaper than the US site. Norwegian does honor that.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
The issue is not whether you can purchase from the UK/EU site.
The issue is - if you have an accident and need to make a claim - whether the insurance will be valid.
And the answer - for a US resident - is invariably no. The insurer would reject your eligibility.
You would be on the hook potentially for a very large claim against you.
So, do you want to take that risk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.