Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt repair estimate bill baffling and unacceptable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Long story short, I rented a Ford Mondeo from Sixt Germany in August and while I was driving on a highway a truck swerving off its lane damaged the side mirror (the actual mirror and the cover, the base of the side mirror was still on and working) and drove away before I could get his registration details.

After over two months of wait and several requests and phone calls I finally received the invoice for the damage. The charges on the invoice are simply not compatible with reality and I do not understand how I am expected to take the invoice and the company that issued it seriously.

Below is the explanation from my side and the cost I am disputing.

Repair cost as per pro-forma: (SIXT: 613,89 euro)

I’ve reached out to three different authorized Ford repair shops in Denmark, explained the accident and shared the picture of the damaged part (Please note that Denmark is more expensive than Germany including man hours and repair parts).
They informed me that:
1. One can purchase the mirror itself and the cover only, there is no need to procure an entire side mirror.
2. Assuming that the entire side mirror was to be replaced (for the new Ford Mondeo, with the function of clapping when locking the car), the actual part has a procurement cost of 389 euro.

Admin fee: (SIXT 50 Euro)

I was surprised to see that Sixt claimed 50 euro for a service that was not delivered in any acceptable time frame.
I provided all documentation to Sixt by the 21th of August. After several calls requiring the invoice, I finally received the cost 9 weeks later. This is to me outrageous, especially since most separate insurance companies are asking for the invoice and proof of payable no later the 31 days after date of the return.
Who knows how much longer I would wait, if I didn’t push on the delivery.

How can we, as customers, ever claim reimbursement if SIXT doesn’t deliver the service in time?
Please note that I did mention to SIXT that I am requiring an invoice within the 31 days.

Loss of Use Cost: (SIXT 1 day - 50 Euro)

I’m really curious how SIXT calculated this cost.
By looking at their booking site for a booking on the Friday the 24th of October (Assuming the weekend is when the prices are peaking), for 50 Euro I was able to rent a Mercedes 4x4, a class significantly higher than the Ford Mondeo.
The rental had a daily cost of 28 euro. Why SIXT is claiming 50 euro (value of a higher class) is a mystery to me.

In summary, the repair calculation is to my knowledge incorrect and overestimated as per the European Consumer Law.
No chance was provided to the consumer (me) to either approve the cost or claim the damage to the insurance company due to slow processing time by SIXT.

Based on all above, I believe that the below breakdown is much more adequate and corresponding with the actual Sixt expense caused by the accident.

Whole new side Mirror: 389 Euro
Admin Fee: 0 euro
Loss of Use Cost: 28 Euro
Engineer Fee: 25 Euro

I have sent the above to the regular customer service that finally delivered the invoice on the 21 October, but naturally I have not heard back.

I have two more reservations with Sixt that are already paid for so nothing can be done there, but I am seriously considering trying out other rentals in the future. The offer is great and the service at the rental offices usually lovely and efficient but the trouble afterwards just ruins the initial great experience.

Hoping I can find someone here who will be able to look into my situation and reply&follow up. Thank you.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

It doesn't appear you factored in labor.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even actually repair the damage if the vehicle is still legally road-worthy.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Actually the labor/man hours are included in the quote of 389 euro or a whole complet new side mirror
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:20 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Sokamo,

If you can send me a private message with your rental details included I would be happy to contact the team in Germany for you. I am able to see if the case can reinvestigated for you given the information you have provided.

Many thanks,

Louise.

Originally Posted by Sokamo
Actually the labor/man hours are included in the quote of 389 euro or a whole complet new side mirror
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Hi

Unfortunately, I've still haven't heard any feedback from you.
I did, however,receive a reply from the German office.

The reply is preposterous, where German law references are used not at their full meanings.

I would like to ask you whether the reply is prompted by you or if I should disput the claim once again and await your reply.

Please advise, as I would prefer to avoid any legal interaction because of this small fee.
However, should this be the final verdict from Sixt, I will be forced to stand my dispute via European Jurisdiction (Council Regulations NO 44/2001)

Thank you.

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Sokamo,

If you can send me a private message with your rental details included I would be happy to contact the team in Germany for you. I am able to see if the case can reinvestigated for you given the information you have provided.

Many thanks,

Louise.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:16 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt reply

Hi Sokamo,

Please note that we did contact the claims department on your behalf, and they will have emailed you directly.

Each Sixt country has a dedicated claims department who oversea and authorise any damage claims for rentals within their specific location. As I'm based in the UK, unfortunately I do not have any authority and cannot overrule any final decisions made by the German claims department. Therefore, if you wish to further dispute the claim, I would recommend speaking with them directly.

I'm sorry that I am unable to advise you more directly at this time.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by Sokamo
Hi

Unfortunately, I've still haven't heard any feedback from you.
I did, however,receive a reply from the German office.

The reply is preposterous, where German law references are used not at their full meanings.

I would like to ask you whether the reply is prompted by you or if I should disput the claim once again and await your reply.

Please advise, as I would prefer to avoid any legal interaction because of this small fee.
However, should this be the final verdict from Sixt, I will be forced to stand my dispute via European Jurisdiction (Council Regulations NO 44/2001)

Thank you.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Please let us know what the ultimate resolution is.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:40 pm

Hi Sokamo,

you have no idea what they are charging me. It's more like a joke!

I've rented a car in Frankfurt and at the day of returning (13.12.2014), I found a small damage on the bumper. When returning I asked (informally) the guy who receive the car, how much he imagine it would cost. The guy said it was a very small damage, no more than 30-50 EUR.

So, after more than 2 months I received the e-mail about the cost. Look what they want to charge:

Costs as per pro-forma 1.141,63 EUR
Admin Fee 50,00 EUR
Engineer Fee 25,00 EUR
Sum 1.216,63 EUR

Together with the document with these charges they sent a bill of the actual repair costs, look how much it was:

Honorar EUR 25,00
19 % MwSt. EUR 4,75
Rechnungsbetrag inkl. MwSt. EUR 29,75

They want to charge almost 4100% more than the actual repair cost!!!

It's outrageous, I feel ofended to receive something like this.

Hopefully they will revise my case.

Last edited by caiobarboza; Feb 25, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.