Wiki Posts
Search

Valet Parking - Am I covered???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Valet Parking - Am I covered???

Hi All,

In a few weeks I will be renting a vehicle out of your ATL location. During my trip I will be traveling to New Orleans, the hotel im staying in offers "Valet Only" parking. My car will be dropped at the hotel door and the valet will drive it to the parking structure on another street. As a renter from the UK with your full coverage, am I ok if there is an accident with the Valet driving the vehicle on a public/private road. Do I have any liability whatsoever?. Basically as I see it im letting a non named person drive my rental car.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:47 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
You will not be covered, not because of allowing a valet to park your car, but because cars rented in Georgia by non-Georgia residents can only be driven in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee. If you are a Georgia resident, it can only be driven in the State of Georgia (per the T&C this should not apply at the Midtown or Buckhead locations, but according to the branch manager at Midtown, it applies there as well).

Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Oh I see, well what an epic fail by Sixt. Looks like my booking will be cancelled. National here I come.

Thanks for letting me know though.

Last edited by welch9; Jun 20, 2014 at 1:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.