Wiki Posts
Search

UAE/Oman Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS, LH, Sixt Platinum
UAE/Oman Experience

Planning a trip to Dubai and wanted to rent a car for a week - including a trip to Oman!
I read several reviews that taking a car into Oman requires special Insurance and a document which has to be issued by Sixt!
Does anyone know if Sixt offer this? Or have ay other feedback that could help me?

Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:55 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by schmidlin88
Planning a trip to Dubai and wanted to rent a car for a week - including a trip to Oman!
I read several reviews that taking a car into Oman requires special Insurance and a document which has to be issued by Sixt!
Does anyone know if Sixt offer this? Or have ay other feedback that could help me?

Many thanks in advance
You are right, you do need extra insurance.

When placing your reservation, please mention in remarks "Need Oman Insurance"

The charge for the extra insurance is currently 250 AED Dirhams.

Let me know if you need anything else. Gary
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:04 am
dmj

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
You are right, you do need extra insurance.

When placing your reservation, please mention in remarks "Need Oman Insurance"

The charge for the extra insurance is currently 250 AED Dirhams.

Let me know if you need anything else. Gary
Dear Gary,

thank you for the information. Me and a friend we're planning exactly the same Trip in August (to Dubai, from there with car through UAE and Oman, return Car in Dubai).

Is there some sort of documentation in english somewhere about the offer to buy the insurance for Oman? We would not like to get any surprises upon arrival. When we rent the car with Sixt right now the only explanation we get from the country specific information is "Cross Border Rentals are on request only. Please contact the local rental station." This doesn't really give us a good feeling in the stomach, since upon arrival someone could tell us "not possible" or something. Would really appreciate to have some kind of official offer for that.

Thanks
Old May 1, 2013, 6:50 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by dmj
Dear Gary,

thank you for the information. Me and a friend we're planning exactly the same Trip in August (to Dubai, from there with car through UAE and Oman, return Car in Dubai).

Is there some sort of documentation in english somewhere about the offer to buy the insurance for Oman? We would not like to get any surprises upon arrival. When we rent the car with Sixt right now the only explanation we get from the country specific information is "Cross Border Rentals are on request only. Please contact the local rental station." This doesn't really give us a good feeling in the stomach, since upon arrival someone could tell us "not possible" or something. Would really appreciate to have some kind of official offer for that.

Thanks
Hi dmj,

Thank you for the private message. The handling above is as per the instructions I personally received in reply to my initial question on this topic.

Please do not worry, this is the handling.

Gary
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:37 am
dmj

Dear Gary,

thanks for your reply

Flight already booked...looking forward to Oman/UAE

Best,

DMJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.