Community
Wiki Posts
Search

late late for a very important date

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:52 am
Original Poster

late late for a very important date

I'm in the UK now and have a Sixt rental car due back tomorrow.
It's a prepaid reservation if that makes a difference.

I think it likely that I'm going to be late dropping off the car, I asked a friend of mine who rents much more than I do and he said that it's not possible to extend the rental.

My question is what would I be charged if I'm a couple of hours late? I imagine that it's based on a daily rate, but what rate?

hotels have real-world rates and rack-rates, do car rental firms charge the extra day at a ludicrous rate or the rate you booked the car at.

any advice appreciated
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I would call them to extend it rather than just turn up late. That might help with the rate!
When Ihave extended rentals I have been charged the daily rate that I payed
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:42 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by planespoken
I'm in the UK now and have a Sixt rental car due back tomorrow.
It's a prepaid reservation if that makes a difference.

I think it likely that I'm going to be late dropping off the car, I asked a friend of mine who rents much more than I do and he said that it's not possible to extend the rental.

My question is what would I be charged if I'm a couple of hours late? I imagine that it's based on a daily rate, but what rate?

hotels have real-world rates and rack-rates, do car rental firms charge the extra day at a ludicrous rate or the rate you booked the car at.

any advice appreciated
Please let me know if you need any help with this. Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.