Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT - incredible mishap>>> SOLVED IN LESS THAN 6h, THANKS GARY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - incredible mishap>>> SOLVED IN LESS THAN 6h, THANKS GARY

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Smile SIXT - incredible mishap>>> SOLVED IN LESS THAN 6h, THANKS GARY

[edit: issue resolved, timely and cordially - would not expect less from SIXT :-:]

Dear all,

I'm out of my mind with disbelief; indeed, I can only conceive that the situation that I'm about to tell is just a one-off case, one of those odd happenings that arrive even to the very best.

In March, I made a pre-paid reservation for an FWAR in Munich Central Station. Being a Platinum Card holder, I was upgraded from a BMW 3 Series Station Wagon to a Mercedes E Class Station Wagon (PWAR).

The car was returned with the tank filled and no incidents / damages whatsoever, as usual, but later, and to my absolute surprise, I was informed by post (with the paper invoice) that I was charged for an extra of 28.78 EUR over my original pre-paid rate.

I know that this is no large sum, but it is a matter of principle: I should not be charged one extra cent, since no fees whatsoever were to be considered. As such, I contacted SIXT (almost two weeks ago) in order to understand what happened.

Surprisingly (since never before it took SIXT so long to reply), I only received an answer today - and only after I asked through several SIXT channels.

But go figure? I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO PAY THE 28.78 EUR AS A SUPPLEMENT FOR THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM, that was not included in my reservation.

WHAT ???

I am still rolling around in absolute dismay:

SO I GET A CAR OF A PREMIUM CATEGORY WITH INTEGRATED SATNAV, AND I AM TO BE CHARGED FOR THAT? Furthermore, DID I EVER ASK FOR IT?

Obviously, I have since demanded immediately a return of this fee, which has no reason whatsoever to have been charged.

I have been extremely satisfied with dealing with SIXT so far, and honestly I can only conceive this mishap as something spurious and out of place with a company that carries one of the best fleet and best customer service in the world of car rentals. As such, I believe that soon I'll have this matter settled with no further ado.

Many thanks for your reading, and regards to all. I'll keep you posted on developments.

Last edited by pac3; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:05 am Reason: Issue solved :)
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Contact Matthew or Gary on here they are company representative and both very capable and will have this resolved in no time .

I have had hertz do this to me regularly so I switched to sixt and national
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Contact Matthew or Gary on here they are company representative and both very capable and will have this resolved in no time .

I have had hertz do this to me regularly so I switched to sixt and national
Many thanks Shanye2233 for your kind suggestion.

Indeed, I have the same exact opinion about Matthew and Gary, and they've always been very helpful to me so far - I'm counting on a follow-up of the situation within normal delays.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:44 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
I will be more than happy to look into this for you, could you send the details and perhaps previous correspondence to [email protected]

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Gary - Customer Service Team
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
I will be more than happy to look into this for you, could you send the details and perhaps previous correspondence to [email protected]

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks in advance - great to hear from you. ^^^
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's much easier to dispute the 28.78EUR on your CC, noting that it was for a service which you did not request or authorize.

Merchant banks use the rate of chargebacks to determine how much of the payments due to a vendor ought to be held back and this works to the detriment of the company. You gave the company the chance to fix the problem, so it's not an honest mistake. The best way for a merchant to learn is to suffer the consequences and that's what will happen here.

You will see a credit for the chargeback (presuming that you are correct) and the issue will be settled between the merchant and its merchant bank.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
It's much easier to dispute the 28.78EUR on your CC, noting that it was for a service which you did not request or authorize.

Merchant banks use the rate of chargebacks to determine how much of the payments due to a vendor ought to be held back and this works to the detriment of the company. You gave the company the chance to fix the problem, so it's not an honest mistake. The best way for a merchant to learn is to suffer the consequences and that's what will happen here.

You will see a credit for the chargeback (presuming that you are correct) and the issue will be settled between the merchant and its merchant bank.
Hi Often1 - thanks for your info. As a manner of fact, I did know that I could do that. Moreover, the specific credit card on which my reservations are made is particularly well suited with that sort of "protection".

However, SIXT is not just a random merchant - for me, it is my usual "renting partner" (personal and work), and even if I am only small business to SIXT, I do trust that they will yield to good business terms with small me. As such, I absolutely prefer to settle this cordially with the company with no such disagreements as reporting them for undue collection of fees.

Furthermore, albeit risking some calling me naive, I also prefer to consider this as a "honest mistake". Suffices that an inexperienced guy / girl at the invoicing team followed what he thought should be the rules (car has nav > customer should pay nav).

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to write up your advice - I can certainly tell you that if it was not SIXT who was involved, the cancelation and reporting would have long been processed, and a "never again with them" issued in my list.

Cheers!!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:41 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
I have credited the Navigation charge, please allow 5-7 working days for the refund to show in your account. We should only charge it in your case if you asked for a vehicle with a Navigation system.

Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:10 am
Original Poster

I have credited the Navigation charge, please allow 5-7 working days for the refund to show in your account. We should only charge it in your case if you asked for a vehicle with a Navigation system.

Thanks yet again Gary. Again, you and your team show the meaning of "great customer service".

It is a really commendable effort, and I really, really appreciate it.

:-::-::-::-::-:
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold

^^^
Old May 1, 2012, 11:16 am

I would like to know what the minimum age for sixt in Israel just moved there I'm currently a hertz president circle member
Old May 1, 2012, 8:41 pm

Please post a new question in a new thread. It is against the rules to hitch onto any random thread and ask an off-topic question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.