FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT - incredible mishap>>> SOLVED IN LESS THAN 6h, THANKS GARY
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:07 am
pac3

Smile SIXT - incredible mishap>>> SOLVED IN LESS THAN 6h, THANKS GARY

[edit: issue resolved, timely and cordially - would not expect less from SIXT :-:]

Dear all,

I'm out of my mind with disbelief; indeed, I can only conceive that the situation that I'm about to tell is just a one-off case, one of those odd happenings that arrive even to the very best.

In March, I made a pre-paid reservation for an FWAR in Munich Central Station. Being a Platinum Card holder, I was upgraded from a BMW 3 Series Station Wagon to a Mercedes E Class Station Wagon (PWAR).

The car was returned with the tank filled and no incidents / damages whatsoever, as usual, but later, and to my absolute surprise, I was informed by post (with the paper invoice) that I was charged for an extra of 28.78 EUR over my original pre-paid rate.

I know that this is no large sum, but it is a matter of principle: I should not be charged one extra cent, since no fees whatsoever were to be considered. As such, I contacted SIXT (almost two weeks ago) in order to understand what happened.

Surprisingly (since never before it took SIXT so long to reply), I only received an answer today - and only after I asked through several SIXT channels.

But go figure? I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO PAY THE 28.78 EUR AS A SUPPLEMENT FOR THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM, that was not included in my reservation.

WHAT ???

I am still rolling around in absolute dismay:

SO I GET A CAR OF A PREMIUM CATEGORY WITH INTEGRATED SATNAV, AND I AM TO BE CHARGED FOR THAT? Furthermore, DID I EVER ASK FOR IT?

Obviously, I have since demanded immediately a return of this fee, which has no reason whatsoever to have been charged.

I have been extremely satisfied with dealing with SIXT so far, and honestly I can only conceive this mishap as something spurious and out of place with a company that carries one of the best fleet and best customer service in the world of car rentals. As such, I believe that soon I'll have this matter settled with no further ado.

Many thanks for your reading, and regards to all. I'll keep you posted on developments.

Last edited by pac3; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:05 am Reason: Issue solved :)