Wiki Posts
Search

Great experience with Sixt!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMW CCA
Great experience with Sixt!

I was fortunate to come into contact with Adam Wilke from Sixt in this forum. He answered a flurry of questions for me about a rental I am initiating in Munich. His customer service is above and beyond. Last year, while renting a vehicle in Italy, I had the worst rental car experience with Avis. In exchange for my complaints about the 90,000km Alfa Romeo, I received two $25 certificates, only good in the US! Needless to say, I would not rent from Avis due to that situation.

Adam took the time to respond to each of my questions about insurance, location of counter, etc. He runs the UK call center for Sixt and I know he will help you if you need it. I strongly recommend using Sixt for your rentals and hope they open a Midwestern US location soon.

Adam Wilke is a great employee and boy am I glad I found him on this flyertalk forum!

Safe travels all!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:51 am
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Couldn't agree with you more - I deal with Adam occasionally and nothing but the best customer service.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Does anyone else think this sounds suspicious for a first post?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
To CMK10, I have had some dealings with Adam ,Gary and Per from the Sixt team in the UK and they have been very helpfull and efficient. So no this does not seem suspicious for a first post,and to put your mind at rest I do not work for Sixt either!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: *G on Voyager & Thai
I've got Avis credentials, cards and programmes stretching back 40 years across the world.

Yet in the last few weeks in Germany and multiple rentals in that period (and after my numerous comments during that time about how Avis treat their customers from Australia badly), and then I see these really nice Sixt cars in the parking lot. Then I read the discussion here in FT.

Well, stuff Avis. I've dumped a 14 day rental from them and have booked Sixt.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:28 am
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
I also had a great experience with contacting Gary at the end of last year with upgrading my membership (matching SPG) and renting a car in Berlin earlier this year. I wish more companies would engage with their customers like what we see on this forum.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
someone told me taht they have a sixt in florida, any one have any experience with that?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by sequel95
I was fortunate to come into contact with Adam Wilke from Sixt in this forum. He answered a flurry of questions for me about a rental I am initiating in Munich. His customer service is above and beyond. Last year, while renting a vehicle in Italy, I had the worst rental car experience with Avis. In exchange for my complaints about the 90,000km Alfa Romeo, I received two $25 certificates, only good in the US! Needless to say, I would not rent from Avis due to that situation.

Adam took the time to respond to each of my questions about insurance, location of counter, etc. He runs the UK call center for Sixt and I know he will help you if you need it. I strongly recommend using Sixt for your rentals and hope they open a Midwestern US location soon.

Adam Wilke is a great employee and boy am I glad I found him on this flyertalk forum!

Safe travels all!
Couldn't have it said better myself.

Cheers me ol' china,
Marc B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.