Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:26 pm

Booked: LDAR
Received: LDAR - Brand New Audi A6 50TDI 286hp with just 1200km on it. Really fun car to hustle on the german autobahns

Booked: FDAR
Received: FDAR - Choice of 3-series, C-Class & Jag XE. Picked the BMW 320i with 16k kms on it in reasonable shape and inbuilt GPS
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: National/Sixt/Miles&More/...
Rented from Atlanta for 18 days. Was offered a Mercedes GLS, a GLC and a BMW X3 as upsell. Decided to stick to my XCAR reservation. Was assigned a Volvo S90 T5. Stepped in the car and noticed the tire pressure warning indicated a deflated tire. Had a member of the Sixt team check the actual tire pressure, a swap was recommended. Got upgraded to a Volvo XC90 T6 which was an excellent vehicle. Only downside was we were two people and the XC90 was a 7 seater version. Folded the two rear seats down, but had to get some type of tarp to cover up the luggage from outside prying eyes - which with the tinted rear windows wasn't much of a problem. Another happy rental experience.

Edit: No status.
xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:58 am

Booked: SDAR (VW Passat Aut. / Audi A4 Aut. 1.8c or similar)
Received: ? - Audi A5 (13k km mileage, very good condition for Greek standards: only one bump, few scratches, almost no options, satnav not activated)
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:18 pm

Booked: XFAZ (Escalade/GLS)
Received: MB GLS 450 4Matic with just 5 Miles on it it was brand new and got delivered to sixt the day before.
xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: SIXT Gold, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis Preferred Plus, KrisFlyer Elite Silver
Hi there! I am back with another question. Now I'm looking at an XDAR for a one day booking at FRA next month. I understand XDAR can be either A8, 7-Series, or S-Class, but what's the difference between XDAR, XCAN, and XLAN, since they all seem to be the same cars? I'm specifically looking for a V12 engine vehicle, so I'm not sure which out of the three should I book.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Sixt Plat, BA, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Date: 15th October 2018 for 6 days
Booked: CFMR (Opel Mokka)
Received: CFMR, questioned upgrade and told not available. Offered upsell of SFMR (Kia Sportage) for GBP6.50 / day (which I took, was surprisingly pleasant and only had 500 miles on the clock)
I don't remember the last time that I got an upgrade from SIXT, when I used to use Avis I got them all the time. Maybe time to switch back...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by Mattthenomad; Oct 26, 2018 at 2:12 am Reason: additional information
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:15 am

Date: 17th Sept 2018 for 4 days
Booked: Lucky dip CCCC
Received: VW Golf diesel base model (not even cruise control which was a royal PITA for the long journey I did)
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:17 am

Date: 14-17 September
Booked: IDMR
Received: IDMR
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:18 am

Date: 30 July - 9th August
Booked: CCMR
Received: CCMR
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Big or small station ?

Hi Everyone,

for an upcoming trip I have a choice of various sized sixt locations to rent from in Germany.

Would you recommend renting from a larger or smaller station with regards to getting upgraded? Am probably going to take a bmw 3 series sedan - but hope for something nicer.

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:49 pm

Definitely Smaller Locations they might not have the biggest collection but if they have nice cars on the lot they will give those to platinum and diamonds.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Ok - given it a try. Will report back in a few weeks.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
Booked: LFAR
Received: XFAR - brand new GLS500 ^
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:41 am

Date: 2nd Oct - 9th Oct
Booked: CDAR
Received: SDAR/FDAR
Offered free upgrade to SDAR (Audi A3) or paid up to Merc C220d (FDAR) for GBP20/ day which I took
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:27 pm

I am starting to think this CCCC lucky dip is just a con. I know it's a lottery, but the CCCC option was 3x the price of CCMR I could have booked on the day and more than premium options like A3 when I booked it but I thought I'll give it a go.

Date: November- 14th-21st
Booked: CCCC
Received: CCMR ( I think) Renault Kapture, a really basic car.

The car was really dirty, don't think it has been cleaned and I asked about other cars and was told none available, no upsell.. just nothing the ( franchise) garage was full of other cars. I looked online and could have had so many cars to book straight away. When I get back a complaint is in order.
​​​​What is the best email to send it to please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.