Insane or Obsessed??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Insane or Obsessed??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: ROP
There is absolutely nothing to worry about; I think the last political event resembling a riot was 3 people handing out political flyers. And no, it was nowhere near the airport.

Most importantly, how many cpm? Or are you not doing it for the miles?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pueywei
There is absolutely nothing to worry about; I think the last political event resembling a riot was 3 people handing out political flyers. And no, it was nowhere near the airport.

Most importantly, how many cpm? Or are you not doing it for the miles?

Strictly for the accomplishment and wanting sooooo bad to experience the new 'all business class' for 18 1/2 hrs. My wife thinks I'm silly for going for such a short amount of time
Anyone interested in hooking up for a Singapore Sling???? this Sunday morning
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by night-ice
Strictly for the accomplishment and wanting sooooo bad to experience the new 'all business class' for 18 1/2 hrs. My wife thinks I'm silly for going for such a short amount of time
Anyone interested in hooking up for a Singapore Sling???? this Sunday morning
Not with someone who thinks what is happening in Thailand will spill over to Singapore??? Is the US media making you think so??? Yes, we keep up with the news of what is happening in the world but I can't figure out what makes you think what is happening in Thailand will spill over to Singapore? And why Singapore? Why not Malaysia which is closer to Thailand?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, AC Super Elite, DL Plat, NW Gold, CO Gold Elite, BA Gold, PR Elite,
Worried about trouble from Bangkok spreading to Singopore....? Maybe a small, wee, little country like Malaysia could act as a buffer?????

If our friend does make the flight I suggest he watch "the air show" and study the geography. Now as for killing time in Singapore. Why travel all that way and miss a night at "orchard tower" or "brix"????
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
This has nothing to do with Singapore Airlines, so moving to the Singapore destination forum.

Kiwi Flyer
SQ co-moderator
Old Apr 18, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I know MR purists won't agree, but I think the OP is insane for being on the ground in Singapore only 5 hours, especially on a weekend, given all of the excellent hotels deals discussed on this and other forums.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by General_Flyer
Not while the Lee Family is still in charge...
Singapore was OK even when Lee family was not in-charge.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 3:27 pm
Suspended

If you have been keeping up with the world events and turmoil going on in Thailand right now, you would know what I am talking about. I'm not saying that it will 'spill over' into SIN...not very likely to happen...you just never know about some of the Asian countries. Think about the Koreas, for example.
If you had been keeping up with simple geography, you would know that there is all of Malaysia, of which Singapore used to be a state, between Thailand and Singapore.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 3:28 pm
Suspended

If you have been keeping up with the world events and turmoil going on in Thailand right now, you would know what I am talking about. I'm not saying that it will 'spill over' into SIN...not very likely to happen...you just never know about some of the Asian countries. Think about the Koreas, for example.
I think it would be best of you cancelled yor trip and got a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.