Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Insane or Obsessed??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Insane or Obsessed??

Looking at flying SQ21 this week from EWR to SIN. I won't have a lot of time do do anything when I get there so I plan on hopping right back on the non-stop back to EWR 5 hrs later. That's about 37 hours of flying the world's longest non-stop commercial flight. I enjoyed it so much the first time I want to do it again. I'm hoping the turmoil in Thailand doesn't spill over into Singapore...Anyone else from the U.S. going to Singapore this week on Sq21???
Old Apr 12, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by night-ice
I'm hoping the turmoil in Thailand doesn't spill over into Singapore
we are talking about poster boy singapore. nothing like this will ever happen.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by anaidross
we are talking about poster boy singapore. nothing like this will ever happen.
Not while the Lee Family is still in charge...
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:10 pm

Looking at flying SQ21 this week from EWR to SIN. I won't have a lot of time do do anything when I get there so I plan on hopping right back on the non-stop back to EWR 5 hrs later. That's about 37 hours of flying the world's longest non-stop commercial flight. I enjoyed it so much the first time I want to do it again. I'm hoping the turmoil in Thailand doesn't spill over into Singapore...Anyone else from the U.S. going to Singapore this week on Sq21???
Spill over?
What in the world does what's going on in Thailand have to do with Singapore?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Spill over?
What in the world does what's going on in Thailand have to do with Singapore?
If you have been keeping up with the world events and turmoil going on in Thailand right now, you would know what I am talking about. I'm not saying that it will 'spill over' into SIN...not very likely to happen...you just never know about some of the Asian countries. Think about the Koreas, for example.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....you just never know about some of the Asian countries. Think about the Koreas, for example.
Is Korea dangerous?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:07 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by TerryK
Is Korea dangerous?
This reminds me of my overseas relatives calling me all worried about wildfires in California - while I was living in DC.

Hey, you never know, wildfires spread quick! Same with these riots I'm sure.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Trust us - the FTers living in SIN - that this stuff going on in Thailand is never ever going to spill over into SIN. Not going to happen in the current political setup. While singaporeans and expats are suffering from the economic gloom a bit it is nowhere a level that I would consider ripe for civil unrest or such.

You will be perfectly fine and safe here. No worries at all and btw that is quite a trip you are planning though in new C it is not really hardship.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:35 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
When a bomb went off in Bali, the rest of Indonesians think only Bali is affected.

The rest of South East Asian countries think the whole of Indonesia is dangerous.

The rest of Asia think South East Asia countries are all dangerous.

And the rest of the world think the whole of Asia is dangerous.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by demue
Trust us - the FTers living in SIN - that this stuff going on in Thailand is never ever going to spill over into SIN. Not going to happen in the current political setup. While singaporeans and expats are suffering from the economic gloom a bit it is nowhere a level that I would consider ripe for civil unrest or such.

You will be perfectly fine and safe here. No worries at all and btw that is quite a trip you are planning though in new C it is not really hardship.
No, I'm not worried! All I was trying to get at was the civil unrest in 'some' of the Asian countires. Of course there will be those who make bashes behind their keyboards!

(btw, the last riots in Singapore were in the mid '60's, killing several hundred people)

My last visit to Singapore was 2 years ago. I flew the A340 prior to "all business class" so this will be a treat with the new setup!!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dendrite
When a bomb went off in Bali, the rest of Indonesians think only Bali is affected.

The rest of South East Asian countries think the whole of Indonesia is dangerous.

^
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:45 am

You're not nuts. I usually go to FRA (from the US). It is 110k miles for F class. I learned that it's 140k (30k miles extra) to continue to SIN (SQ25/26). I had planned on my next FRA trip to spend the extra 30k miles for that extra time in F in the air.....

I miss my Singapore Girl.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: UA- 1P
Originally Posted by Dendrite

Right on!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Looking at flying SQ21 this week from EWR to SIN. I won't have a lot of time do do anything when I get there so I plan on hopping right back on the non-stop back to EWR 5 hrs later. That's about 37 hours of flying the world's longest non-stop commercial flight.
Insane or obsessed? Why on earth would you think that? Seems like perfectly normal behavior to me. All my friends and family think I'm crazy for flying as much as I do, especially when I do something like what you're planning, but I just figure they haven't flown enough to realize the joys of flying.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by scottt
You're not nuts. I usually go to FRA (from the US). It is 110k miles for F class. I learned that it's 140k (30k miles extra) to continue to SIN (SQ25/26). I had planned on my next FRA trip to spend the extra 30k miles for that extra time in F in the air.....

I miss my Singapore Girl.
Way to go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.