Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coach handbag knock offs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Coach handbag knock offs?

Traveling to Singapore next month and a girl friend asked if they sell knock offs there. I was there last year but don't purchase knock offs so didn't look for them. She is interesed in a Coach bag. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:25 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
almost sure its not available in singapore as people in singapore travel to thailand (bangkok) or hk to get knockoffs.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MilesAndMore
almost sure its not available in singapore as people in singapore travel to thailand (bangkok) or hk to get knockoffs.
Pirated software, CDs and DVD's, video and computer games included, were available in Singapore. I know people who bought them. I don't see why other consumer products would not be available.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 3:48 pm

I don't think fakes are easily available in Singapore - the locals (and expats) travel across the causeway to Johore Bahru - I have forgotten the name of the shopping centre where the fake bags are. Just be careful on your way back in to Singapore.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I don't think fakes are easily available in Singapore - the locals (and expats) travel across the causeway to Johore Bahru - I have forgotten the name of the shopping centre where the fake bags are. Just be careful on your way back in to Singapore.
I have never bought them but from what I have seen it's not difficult to find the stuff in Singapore itself. In China, you will be hard pressed to find the real stuff, but in Singapore, you can find the real stuff. Some friends of mine, working for a major defense contractor, bought pirated software such as MS Office, Visual C++, Java etc in Singapore itself despite Singapore's laws.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
You can find that kind of stuff in SIN, but pickings are slim and prices are high for fakes. Much better to plan an afternoon trip to Johor Bahru and do some shopping at Holiday Plaza.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Considering there are Coach outlets all over the States, I'm not sure sending a friend on a wild-goose chase is worth the $ difference.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Considering there are Coach outlets all over the States, I'm not sure sending a friend on a wild-goose chase is worth the $ difference.
Thank you. I agree with not wanting to travel all over for something that will not be mine. I looked up going to Johor Bahru and it looked very interesting but I don't want to go by myself. BTW: You did literally mean friend and not a disguised me correct?

My big thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my posting. It has been greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:44 pm

I think the OP was asking if Coach knock-offs can be bought in Singapore and implicit was some guidance as to where and how much. Does someone have hard cold facts rather than 'opinions'?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:49 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Topic-check!

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Apr 18, 2009, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Topic-check!

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.