Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Any hotels allow EARLY check-in w/out Prebooking the night before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;

I'll start off by saying that yes, I know I'm asking for a lot, and there are easier ways to do this (but they cost more money).

I'm arriving into SIN early in the morning (around 2AM). I was trying to find a hotel that will allow me to check in very, very early (say, 3AM) without making me book (prebook) the night before.

I have contacted Hilton and SPG hotels in SIN, both of whom stated that it's up to the check-in desk to allow any early check ins, but they recommend I prebook a room the night before.

My question is this – have any of you had any success checking in early (anytime between 2-5 AM of the day you were supposed to check in) without having to cough up for another night's stay? If so, which hotel allowed you to do this?

Thanks,
BB
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:25 pm

I checked in to the Orchard Rd. Hilton around 9am and didn't have to pay for an extra day, but I wouldn't rely on that happening again. I was HHonors gold at the time, and I think that helped.

If it's imperative that you not spend for the extra night, then I would suggest just hanging out airside at Changi until later in the morning. If you need to waste time at an airport, Changi is where you want to do it.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 1:28 pm

Checking in at 7 am after early SQ flight/arrival is risky - hotels will tell you only way to guarantee is to book one before. Trying to check in at 3 am is nearly impossible - if you ask ahead of time.

If you book for that day and just show up, it's the luck of the draw. Given current occupancy levels, you should have good chance if the receptionist at the counter is a nice chap/gal....good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:42 pm

Having worked in various Singapore hotels for over 10 years, I can assure you that your chances of getting a room at 0300hrs without paying for the night is extremely small.

Early check-in for guests coming of flights from the India sub-continent (landing at 0500hrs) was always an issue, with the hotels insisting on a full night's payment. The most leeway I ever saw was a half-day charge being applied.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 9:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

Stay at the transit hotel at the airport before you head into town.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Thank you all for your advice, especially nzed. It's hand-on expertise like this that makes FT invaluable!

Based on the above recommendation, I'll be booking a prebooking hotel so that I'm not denied at checkin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.