Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Landing in SIN and Thai flight 6 hours later

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 9:45 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Landing in SIN and Thai flight 6 hours later

I land in SIN on NW around 2am and leave on Thai to BKK around 9:30am.

Unless there is a way to print my BP for Thai while at NW WC in NRT I will not have my BP for Thai flight.

I guess I have two options.

1. Go though immigration and check in at Thai (not sure when they would open)

2. Somehow get to Thai gate (I remember a club I was able to use at SIN last time there) without leaving immigration.

Which sounds like a better idea and is option 2 even possible?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:22 am

Option 2 all the way -- you should be able to check in for your Thai flight at the Transit counters set up airside at all terminals specifically for this purpose.

That said, 7.5 hours is a lot of time to kill in the middle of the night, even in a nice airport like Changi. Consider booking a 6-hour block at the transit hotel, or heading into the city for some late-night snacking. Passing through Immigration is generally very fast (<5 min) and the city is 15 min away by cab.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:31 pm

You don't need an onward boarding pass to stay in the airside area - if you wanted, you can just go straight to the transit hotel when you get off your NW flight (Assuming your bags have been tagged through) and then go to the TG transfer counters when you wake up in time for your flight.

This is by far the preferred option since you wouldn't waste time dealing with immigration and getting into town to the hotel. Note that once you go landside, you will need to wait for the TG counters to open for you to obtain your boarding pass before you would be allowed back into airside area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.