Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

19hrs in SIN - worth staying at the Orchard rd Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter any more?

Family will be transiting through Singapore for 19 hrs. I am trying to figure out if its worth having them stay at the Marriott on Orchard Rd? Alternatives are the Hilton (burn up some of my Hilton points) or use the Transit Hotel airside in Changi.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
It's a great location, if that's the question. Not certain what "worth staying" is intended to mean....beats the hell out of the transit hotel.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Let me rephrase the question.

I can redeem either Marriott Rewards points or HHonors points - does the Marriott win over the Hilton? The other possibility is redeeming Marriott Rewards at the Ritz Carlton.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
If they haven't been to Singapore before and they don't have much time, and if it makes no fifference, It's the Marriott

Position wise you can't beat it, turn left right, go under or around, there's something to see and do, shops, restaurants ice cream books dresses, it's all there, regards bkkrop
Old Mar 23, 2009, 3:02 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Not a Marriot member and only stayed there for a night or two in the SARS days of 2003courtesy of a 50some USD/night rate courtesy of priceline, but the location on Orchard Road is fantastic, the service good, the pool nice and the cafe/restaurant has some nice spreads. I personally liked sitting outside and people watching over a long breakfast and a newspaper...
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:19 am

19 hours at the transit hotel is too much, so yes, go into the city. The Marriott and the Hilton are very similar generic slightly older 4* mostly-business hotels, but the Marriott edges out the Hilton with its location (although the Hilton's only about 500m away). I wouldn't spend double or triple the points for 19 jet-lagged hours at the RC, especially since it's far less central.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.